• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Case

r00tz

imported post

Cops and security guard said that I never moved my truck in their testimony.

The mall security guard said it was all blocked from view of the cameras then later after the mall video was subpoenaed they said they don't have a surveillance system at all.

travis_t

imported post

I am new here – just learned about the open carry here in Topeka, Kansas – I live in Topeka, Kansas – and I just learned about this story.

I am guessing by the way this went that the judge was Judge Anderson - if not just iggy the rest of this paragraph... Let me tell you about Judge Anderson, my guns were taken away when my father and I got into a fight “domestic dispute” like always the first thing they do now is seize all the guns until it is all over - if you are lucky, you get your guns back... After it was all said and done, I wanted to getmine back – the first judge signed an “ORDER TO RETURN PROPERTY FILED AND APPROVED” – but the Sheriffs office would not return them because the order did not say guns. So I had to have the attorney go back and get another order “ORDER TO RETURN PROPERTY FILED AND APPROVED. JMM (SNCO SHERIFF'S DEPT TO RETURN 5 GUNS BACK TO THE DEFT)” this time it went before Judge Anderson, and he told me directly “in my opinion there are too many guns on the street their for any guns that come before my court room I have destroyed, this is not the opinion of the state of Kansas this is mine.” Because I started yelling at him that he was stomping all over on my Constitutional Rights and my attorney was holding me back from jumping up on his desk and telling him all about it, at the same time I was telling my attorney to shut the hell up and I was going to sue the hell out of this judge, Judge Anderson got steaming mad and knew I was going to be a thorn in his butt and said this was not even his case, grabbed the paperwork, and stomped out of the court room, then back in and said we would have to go to the original judge and see if he would return my guns. Everyone went across the hall and my guns got returned.

If you went before Judge Anderson, you lost because he is ANTI-GUN.

VOTE HIM OUT!

Travis

Topeka, Kansas

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Congratulations! You won!

Gun Transportation Conviction Reversed and Dismissed

I had to sign a release saying that I will not sue the city.

You obviously thought it was a good idea, or you would not have done it. Still, I would have liked to see them pay your legal fees, at least.

Good job. It would be nice if it were a precedent.

r00tz

If I didn't I would have had to spend $10,000+ and I might not win a lawsuit or not get enough to cover lawyer fees...

Last edited: