Thread: Stamford Police

Post imported post

Does anyone know the Stamford Police Cheif email contact? I would like to email him to request the Stamford Police Departments stance on open carry etc.... but i can't find the email anywhere, just phone numbers.

Post imported post

A little google-fu on their page yielded one email address:

All media, news releases, etc

Lt. Sean Cooney
    Email: scooney@ci.stamford.ct.us

Since the chief is

Chief Robert Nivakoff

Stamford Police Department

805 Bedford Street
    Stamford, CT 06901

(203) 977-4444

I'd guess his email would be rnivakoff@ci.stamford.ct.us but that's just a guess.

Post imported post

Not really any luck, i was asked to call the police range about open carrying.

GoldCoaster wrote:
    A little google-fu on their page yielded one email address:

All media, news releases, etc

Lt. Sean Cooney
    Email: scooney@ci.stamford.ct.us

Since the chief is

Chief Robert Nivakoff

Stamford Police Department

805 Bedford Street
    Stamford, CT 06901

(203) 977-4444

I'd guess his email would be rnivakoff@ci.stamford.ct.us but that's just a guess.

Post imported post

NickNt wrote:
    Does anyone know the Stamford Police Cheif email contact? I would like to email him to request the Stamford Police Departments stance on open carry etc.... but i can't find the email anywhere, just phone numbers.
    I am sorry, but I don't understand why you would want to know their stance on something that is not against the law.

The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Post imported post

Just because it is not against the law does not mean they can't hassle me, as they do other people.

Post imported post

NickNt wrote:
    Just because it is not against the law does not mean they can't hassle me, as they do other people.
    Then what are you worried about? Officers and citizens can 'hassle' you for anything, regardless of whether you are carrying an exposed firearm.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Post imported post

Rich B wrote:
    NickNt wrote:
    Then what are you worried about? Officers and citizens can 'hassle' you for anything, regardless of whether you are carrying an exposed firearm.
    I agree with Rich on this 100%.
    As you and I have found out first hand (your situation was more difficult than mine)
    Sometimes it takes a law abiding citizen to get hassled before the local Police even take notice that OC is legal. In my case I had to prove it to the Chief of Stratford.
    In your case it seems that after your arrest and your telling them that they had made a big mistake that they actually did the research.

To the OP: I would not concern myself with being hassled, just be prepared with documents stating that it is legal found here:

http://www.ccdl.us/resources/documen...arry-documents

and as Rich has posted in this forum ALWAYS be polite and calm if you do.
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership