• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"knocked down"

Geoff

imported post

Icepik posted an ordinance from Rhinelander that includes the term "knocked down" This used to be in Saukville's muni code until a few months ago. I've never seen a definition for this, so how are people supposed to know what it means? Is it knocked down if the barrel is removed, or does every component have to be disassembled?

I know this ordinance is not legal, and had Saukville's removed no problem but it just seems like a strange term to me.

Geoff

"Carrying Weapons . No person shall carry any concealed pistol, revolver or other similar firearm about the City or have any firearm, rifle, spring or airgun in his possession, unless it is unloaded and knocked down or enclosed within a carrying case or other suitable container, except that this provision shall not apply to any policeman or other officer of the law entitled to carry firearms."

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I believe they copied the ordinance from some other place and left that in there. AFAIK, it refers to bows, which seem to be absent from the ordinance but are in others that are similar. I believe it means to unstring a bow.

I guess it could also mean to take apart a firearm but I'm definitely not sure about that. Maybe somone else has a better idea?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Fortunately it's a moot point, but I suppose it means disassembled enough that it wouldn't shoot. It's a stupid term, just like the ordinance was stupid.

icepik

imported post

I believe most places interpret that as unloaded, etc...

Regardless, as Shotgun pointed out, it's a moot point.

It's a very common word that is used in many local ordinances right now...which we're working on getting rid of.

Sorry I can't define it for sure, but that's how I believe most locals see it.