• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Long Beach?

kenzmad

imported post

I am going to Long Beach this weekend and I am wondering how it went for anyone that has OC'd there. This will be the first time to OC out of my comfort zone area. Going to be staying at the super 8 motel and plan on visiting all the local shops and such.

kenzmad

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Well, it's Washington State so you should be cool.

I live close to you. I'm more north up by Panther Lake area. I do most of my shopping at the Fred Meyer on 240th. Maybe I'll see you around.

kenzmad

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Well, it's Washington State so you should be cool.

I live close to you. I'm more north up by Panther Lake area. I do most of my shopping at the Fred Meyer on 240th. Maybe I'll see you around.

I know that every juridiction in washington "should" be on the same page but it is evident in the postings here that many are not. seems that some of the worst are the small towns that may have a different attitude about OC.

I am just off of kent kangley and 124th. I shop at your freddies every once in a while but am at the mclendons hardware all the time for work stuff. I'll look for you as I am constantly on the lookout for the unicorn.

kenzmad

kenzmad

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
All is good on our beach...

glad to hear. we will see ya this weekend!!! looking forward to some beach breeze and maybe some oysters.

kenzmad

Datacrypt1

imported post

I grew up on the Long Beach Peninsula. My mother and father both worked for the Pacific County Sheriff's Dept. for 30+ years, based on conversations I've had with folks in recent months I would say you have about a 50/50 chance of an encounter of some kind with local/county LE.

They've had a number of gun related incidents in recent months, including the shooting of State Trooper, Scott Johnson. The County is also over worked and under staffed due to lay offs. They may be a bit on edge. It's a small community so emotions tend to be contagious.

I know that in theory all the LE Agencies should be on board with OC by now, but I'd hate to see another incident resembling the goings on in Vancouver.

YMMV

Let us know how it goes!

kenzmad

imported post

unfortunatley there really isn't a way to find out how the local LEO will respond to OC unless you do it and find out first hand. I understand they may be on edge a bit after the shooting of the state patrolman but even they must realize there is a huge difference between a law abiding citizen and a drunk husband. or at least one would hope.

kenzmad

massivedesign

imported post

I go to longbeach often, never OC'd there yet, but always CC (unless I am in my wetsuit)..

The town is an interesting place, very touristy in the summer months, but desolate in the winter. There are a lot of drugs in that area, meth and heroine are everywhere, so that automatically put's people who are aware on edge.

If you go there, stop by the old Jakes which is now called the Lost Roo. Great looking restaurant and bar (they should be open by now). If they are, and you go in, ask for Helen (little scottish blonde hottie) and tell her "Dan, the guy who designed the Roo" says hi!