Thread: Southgate open carry

Post imported post

Does anyone know where southgate stands with the open carry law??

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

kevinjames wrote:
    Does anyone know where southgate stands with the open carry law??
    They are in violation per their posted codes online! Type pistol or gun to see bad ordinances. According to this even if you have a CPL you cannot carry. WOW! I guess no one told them state law trumps local law?

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Michigan/southgatemi/codifiedordinancesofsouthgatemichigan?f=templates$ fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:southgate_mi
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

Thanks. so I would be risking arrest if I tried OCin in southgate? I want to try it but i dont want to deal with being arrested and court possibly loosing my job

Post imported post

I could find no ref. to OPEN CARRY so they may be ok with it. I am in Southgate on an almost daily basis; if you want to OC we can set up a time and place. It is always easier to OC the 1st time with someone else.. 1 person with a pistol a nut..2 or more a curiosity.

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

Ok thanks..Im new here, maybe I can make it to one of your next events

Post imported post

Welcome!

We just went to Taylor City Hall, which had even worse laws on the books, none of us got arrested.

Post imported post

Just so you know last month I sent an LEO packet to southgate.My dad lives there and I am in every Friday and we go to dinner. Now if I am not mistaken last month or so chuckwagon had an encounter at buffalo wild wings mwag call. He was detained knife taken and a citation for a concealed knife was written it was latter thrown out in court but it was still a hassle. It is posted on here some where I just half to find it.