• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it ok to Open Carry on a motorcycle?

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

Is it ok to Open Carry on a motorcycle? More specifically, is it legal?

Food for thought...Can you ride a motorcycle with a shotgun or rifle strapped to your back, or mounted to the back of your bike like those O.C. motorcycle police do so proudly? Just wondering, not trying that one yet.

:cool:Joe
Keep on, keeping on...

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

If it is unloaded, yes...

If it is a handgun you would have to be wary of the school zones.

If it is a long gun you should be able to transport it in such a manner with less worry about school zones since the penal code allows transport of unlocked unloaded long guns through a school zone.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

F R E E S O U L .CA wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
Seriously... this has been asked at least 4 times in the past week.
isn't that what this forum is about? Glad to hear Im not the only interested.
Thank You
No, that's what the search function is all about.

After almost 3 years of researching, interpreting, and putting the info out there, I feel like the newbies should put in a minimal effort to get what they are looking for. I'm not asking them to start from scratch... just find the info that's already here.

I'd rather spend 1 minute composing a post telling people to do their own leg work than spend 5-10 minutes doing their search for them.