Thread: New Canadian Member

Post imported post

Hi all,

Glad to be here surrounded by like minded people. We may be seperated by an international border but live together in the same state of mind.

Cheesy I know but I am off today with great weather and am on the way out Turkey hunting. I'm overly happy!

Anyway, I read an article on Ammoland about your support for doing away with the registry. I wanted to say thanks from all those Canadians that are proud to be where we are today with this issue. We are not done once this is over we will continue to eat away at the lunacy of the left wingers agenda.

I am an instructor certified with S&W and teach armed guards how to defend themselves. I have been to numerous other institutions to train as well, including Sig Sauer, Glock and thunder ranch. I am a black badge holder, IDPA'r and hunter.

I moderate on another two websites you may all be interested in for information and a little hope showing our intent and posture.

Come visit www.canadacarry.org & www.casd.ca.

MLRS

Post imported post

newbie here as well from Montreal Quebec. very good to be here.

Post imported post

Hey guys and gals! Hello from Calgary!

Post imported post

tacdriver here.

You are about to get a whole lot more members!

I'm sure everyone from

www.canadiangunnutz.com

and

www.canadacarry.org

will be here soon.

CHEERS!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Hey Canadian members - I heard that in some provinces you can open carry handguns - is this true? Any details?

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Hey Canadian members - I heard that in some provinces you can open carry handguns - is this true? Any details?
    There is no Open Carry what so ever in Canada. The only thing close to it is an armed guard (Brinks type). They are civilians not covered by any law specific to their job. Just under the Criminal Code of Canada and the firearms act. This would be the same for any province as the rules are federal.

MLRS

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

MLRS wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    There is no Open Carry what so ever in Canada. The only thing close to it is an armed guard (Brinks type). They are civilians not covered by any law specific to their job. Just under the Criminal Code of Canada and the firearms act. This would be the same for any province as the rules are federal.

MLRS
    So, if you go hiking thru rural or mountainous canada, no handgun carry at all?

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    MLRS wrote:
    Mike wrote:

MLRS
    So, if you go hiking thru rural or mountainous canada, no handgun carry at all?
    no sir.

we do have an ATC permit that very very few can obtain. This permit is somewhat like your CCW (mlrs please correct me if i'm wrong here), i'm not sure if the firearm has to be concealed or not. it's mostly for armed security guards (brinks), geologists, trappers, or the average person too.... that is if you can prove that you are in immediate danger and you have had many threats on your life.

we can carry a shotgun or rifle in the woods, but that's about it!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I live close to the border of B.C. in Washington state and would like to say welcome to our neighbors in the North.

Now I have a place to direct Canadians I talk to about my open carry, Yeah!!!!

And most of those have been positive encounters and folks wishing they could at least have their firearm available for some sort of protection even if O.C. wasn't permitted.

Like one Gal told me after she was robbed and broken into several times, "What am I supposed to do hit them with my hockey stick?"

Vancouver area (Surrey) mostly, has had a lot of shooting and gun crimes, I guess the Canadian laws haven't prevented the bad guys from attaining and carrying thier weapons. Just leaving innocent folks defenseless.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I live close to the border of B.C. in Washington state and would like to say welcome to our neighbors in the North.

Now I have a place to direct Canadians I talk to about my open carry, Yeah!!!!

And most of those have been positive encounters and folks wishing they could at least have their firearm available for some sort of protection even if O.C. wasn't permitted.

Like one Gal told me after she was robbed and broken into several times, "What am I supposed to do hit them with my hockey stick?"

Vancouver area (Surrey) mostly, has had a lot of shooting and gun crimes, I guess the Canadian laws haven't prevented the bad guys from attaining and carrying thier weapons. Just leaving innocent folks defenseless.
    If you are a career criminal, or just starting out in the business, come to Canada!! the person defending themselves should be more worried about going to jail for using "excessive" force than the criminal that was trying to rape her. we're an almost gun-free zone!

although there have been few cases were people used a firearm for self defense and didn't get put in jail. I think it's going to be a VERY slow process. if we had the NRA here (by the way, I'm an NRA member), we would be kicking ass. the NRA is very organized and really have a lot of pull in politics.

I will always support the NRA, even though they can't help me directly, it's important for the US citizens to have a solid stance against gun control. That and I hope to move there within 5 years. :celebrate

Post imported post

I'm open for hiking in the woods and shooting with Canadians that visit my area.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I'm open for hiking in the woods and shooting with Canadians that visit my area.

sounds like fun! so.... when can you adopt me?

Post imported post

My kids love to shoot I'm sure they'd share.