• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article about the OC picnic in the La Crosse Tribune

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Misinformed? The guy had some valid points. I've been to open carry events, people do dress like they are wearing a uniform. People do strut. Its sad. Just put your pistol on like you do your watch, and go about your day.

M

McX

imported post

i read the article. insulting. saw the picture of the guy; he's a poster child for the beautiful of our society. black shirts? yeah, it's called pride, and membership. i also looked at the pics from the event; saw alot of fine firearms, and average dressed people. i'd have to ask the guy who wrote the article; so what is your point there handsome?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

That guy is a jerk. He is what many on other sites call Fudds. He does not respect diversity in gun owners. Because he owns guns he believes that his views are representative of all gun owners. I have a reality check for this poser. "Normal" people wear T-shirts, have tattoos, piercings andcarry guns. Just because he is only interested in punching paper and would leave the protection of himself and family in the hands of someone who is several minutes away does not give him any moral high ground. On the contrary, it makes him a coward. I will not criticize his right to choose to not OC, but he is a coward because not only will he not, he believes it wrong to do so and is critical of those who do. He is afraid of self defense. That would mean that he has to take responsibility. Cowards would rather leave that responsibility to others.:cuss:

M

McX

imported post

roadie? far out. maybe we can get some tie dyed wisconsincarry t-shirts. never thought of being a roadie. thin lizzy? no thanks, Ted Nugent- yeah.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Misinformed? The guy had some valid points. I've been to open carry events, people do dress like they are wearing a uniform. People do strut. Its sad. Just put your pistol on like you do your watch, and go about your day.
When you were at the "events" and saw "strutting," did you approach those individuals and tell them they were strutting?

Which events did you witness "strutting" at? I've been to many of them, was I "strutting?"

Are you suggesting we enforce a shirt/tie dress code, business causal only?

Please enlighten us, I take all suggestion seriously and consider all points of view equally.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

We have attendees at picnics who wear t-shirts for nearly everything. They do not own a shirt with a collar or save them for weddings and funerals only. If the picnic is open to all and everyone who wishes to attend is invited then a dress code is not practical.

If you are going to have an invitation-only event, then you can set whatever dress code you wish.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Yeah he just happened to take his kid to the park that day. My Arse! he wen there because he is anti and wanted to get information so he could play reporter and put an opinion in the paper. How ironinic is that? He accuses open carriers of playing cop and militia and he is the one playing undercover reporter! LOL!

Of course he doesn't have to worry about defending himself as even most criminals don't target the retarded.

M

McX

imported post

business casual; does this mean i have to show up in my oil stained shop uniform shirt? i definiely won't be listed amongst the beautiful people, but i will be available to tune your car up in the parkinglot while the event is going on!:cool:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This guy saw what he wanted to see. He couldn't look past his own prejudice and see that we are all American's out exercising a right that has long been wasting away. I was there for the entire event. I recorded several video clips of the entire crowd including the great police that were there (who interacted with us in a very cordial manner) and I didn't see anyone "strutting" around. I saw mostly middle aged people, both men and women with some youngsters in the group (that would be those less than 40 to me :p) and several members that would qualify as "senior citizens". I also saw several young mothers with their small children playing in the sand boxes at the park surrounded by us "wanna be cops". As for the "loud music", what in the heck is he talking about?! It sure as heck wasn't loud. I had conversations with many people attending during the event in various locations in the park. Sometimes I was at a table next to the Gazebo, sometimes I was where the chicken was being sold (Oh, that was good!). Not once did I have any issues with hearing anyone at all due to the "loud music". If the music was "loud" then the police would have asked us to turn it down.

Look at the great photos posted by Hardballer. Yes, look at all of us "wanna be" cops and "wanna be" secret supermen/seals/rangers, etc....You won't see anyone like that because that is not what we are. We are Americans from all walks of life meeting in a common location to exercise our rights. :exclaim:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Anyone who says they support freedom and rights, but turns around and criticizes what other people are doing WITHOUT DOING SOMETHING THEMSELVES ought to be ashamed of themselves.

If you look at the news coverage of an open-carry event and you don't like how the people there dress or walk. SHAME ON YOU for not showing up to some events dressed like YOU want to dress and walking like YOU want to walk to demonstrate that people of ALL make and model enjoy their rights.

The guy who wrote this article who has all these suggestions should have gone home, put his G35 on and gone to the picnic and showed how HE would like to represent freedom and rights.

If your true motivation is the cause (not the opportunity to get a little press time lobbing criticism) that is what you would do instead of wait til Monday and write an editorial for your paper.

If you don't like the face of open-carry, put your own face on it.

Unfortunately, just going grocery shopping armed, while an excellent opportunity to be an ambassador doesn't make the news. Doesn't have mass media exposure. Public events do.

If you have a million excuses why you don't have time to go to a public OC event and put what you believe to be a positive face on the movement, you have no moral ground to stand back, CLAIM to support the same freedoms, but criticize those who did show up.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Barbara Streisand.

Didn't she say she was going to move to Canada?

Nope; she's still here.....

barbra_152.jpg

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Barbara Streisand.

Didn't she say she was going to move to Canada?

Nope; she's still here.....

barbra_152.jpg
LOL! I KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM! That is TOO funny! I wish all those idjuts in Hollywhoood would MOVE out of the USA!:cool:

Edited: Errr....I mean Hollyhood!:exclaim:

Gordo

imported post

hmmm this is all very interesting, is he sure he is talking about the event we all went to? I didn't see any crazies. In fact I saw a group of people, who could have been mistaken for a company picnic or family reunion gathered at a park enjoying the good company and nice weather.

He also seems to have some kind of thing about the military. Maybe I wasn't a SEAL or a Green Beret but I did serve 6 years in the Marines, I guess I have to ask, what did this turd do?

johnny amish