• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Younger Generation

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:

< 36 but not too far off...... but I'm not giving any clues so you'll all just have to wonder! :lol:

Bah, I'll tell you; but not without at least a little work on your part.

If 36 was the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle and the angle where the adjacent sideand hypotenuse came together was30 deg, 33', 30" my age would be the length of the adjacent side; rounded to the nearest whole number of course.

M

McX

imported post

hypotenuse? they live in the zoo right? i'll just wait for the non-vulcan version.:p

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:

< 36 but not too far off...... but I'm not giving any clues so you'll all just have to wonder! :lol:

Bah, I'll tell you; but not without at least a little work on your part.

If 36 was the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle and the angle where the adjacent sideand hypotenuse came together was30 deg, 33', 30" my age would be the length of the adjacent side; rounded to the nearest whole number of course.

That looks like ....what the heck was that called in school? Geo...something or another. Oh, Geometry! LOL!

I would rather guess than try to figure that out!

I guess 33! Oh, and I donated all my clothes older than that last year to Goodwill in Kenosha!

:celebrate

jrm

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
No I was guessing that Brass is 36
Yes, but he said his age is your guess times the cosine of 30 deg, 33 min, 30 sec. The cosine is 0.861111985, which multiplied by 36 is 31.

M

McX

imported post

dang, these young ones got me on the run now. the only thing i can fall back to is a phrase of my time, my generation; hey young ones? where were you in '62?:cool:

jrm

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
Someone knows their SOHCAHTOA :D
Never hear of that before, but I did do my ciphering back in grammar school -- we had to use slide rules, don't you know.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jrm wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
Someone knows their SOHCAHTOA :D
Never hear of that before, but I did do my ciphering back in grammar school -- we had to use slide rules, don't you know.

SINE =

OPPOSITE over

HYPOTENUSE

COSINE =

ADJACENT over

HYPOTENUSE

TANGENT =

OPPOSITE over

ADJACENT

EEEEEWWWW slide rules! I've got calculators 3D modeling programs and CAM. I still know how to do it the old fashioned way though....just in case.

johnny amish

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
I am probably one of the younger guys to post on here. I'm guessing, and this is just a guess, the average age of a poster on this forum is around 45. Not surprisingly, some of you guys dont seem to like not only me, but the younger generation all together. So great, you've got open carry, what happens when you pass on? Certain people need to be more open minded and less obtuse, because I am telling you, many attitudes here are driving away people my age.
It takes all kinds to make this movement great. Tolerance is something that all of us need to be reminded of sometimes. You have to take some comments with a grain of salt. It willtake all of young and old to make oc seem as common as wearing a bike helmet. Thank you for your contribution to oc. Carry on.