• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Politics - Palin in Boise on Friday

ecocks

imported post

Johnny and I will be down there early to help them setup and get ready for what should be an interesting introduction to Idaho politics.

ecocks

imported post

Nice speech, good people and a generally enjoyable day.Looks like I'm going into the primaries with Ward.

ecocks

imported post

OC was allowed for workers (this was explicitly stated in answer to the question) if they wishedbut I saw no one carrying at the event.My decision wasto conceal butwas told there was/would be no issue with OC due to Ward's stance on the 2A.

ecocks

imported post

Yes, I am planning on continuing to work on his campaign assuming he wins in the primary. Strong 2A, solid conservative,sense of humorand he seems pretty human and approachable to me. Labrador also seems to be a fair candidate in these areas and I am comfortable with him as the candidate if he wins the primary also.

bjr229

imported post

I will be supporting Labrador. I don't like it when the Republican establishment "chooses" a candidate, like they have with Ward. I am also concerned that he is a complete unknown on his positions since he has no voting record.

ecocks

imported post

To the best of my knowledge the Republican Party has made no endorsement or "choice" in the First District Congressional race.

Wardleads Labrador by approximately 18% in the polls , has raised considerable funds and shown the ability to mobilize popular supportis critical to having a chance to defeat incumbent Walt Minnick.

Labrador, as a sitting state senator,certainly seems to bemuch tighter with the party hierarchy in the state than Ward, based upon endorsements from existing state legislators and the Tea Party.

While I like Mr. Labrador's conservative record in the state legslature, he seems to lack fund-raising capability and support which will be necessary for a win in November.

bjr229

imported post

ecocks wrote:
To the best of my knowledge the Republican Party has made no endorsement or "choice" in the First District Congressional race.
Ward is not endorsed by the State party. but he was "encouraged" to run, and receives his financial backing from establishment republicans in Washington DC. These are the some of the same folks that gave us the problems with earmarks and and run away spending during the 8 years of the Bush administration.

I want the Republican party to return to it's roots, and support limited government and individual freedoms. The Washington establishment is not likely to give us much help with this agenda. I have joined with others to run for Precinct Committeeman to try and win back the Republican party. This has given me the opportunity to learn more about the candidates. I have also seen how the lobbyists and insiders have dominated candidate selection.

Best wishes,

Brian

ecocks

imported post

So, we'll see how the primary winds up and hopefully the best candidate will be out there to face off against Minnick. That will be tough fight.

How did the Precinct Committee thing play out?Didyou become the one in your district over there?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

ecocks wrote:
OC was allowed for workers (this was explicitly stated in answer to the question) if they wishedbut I saw no one carrying at the event.My decision wasto conceal butwas told there was/would be no issue with OC due to Ward's stance on the 2A.
Excellent. I would probably have concealed as well if I was working. Glad there was no issue.

ISRAEL

imported post

I will need HELP, becouse I like senor Labrador, (becouse he speaks exellent spanish,like me,ha ha ha) But I like senor Minnick, I know heis a Democrat,(are we shure of that?) and that is my problem, I vote Republican all the times but now I like sr. Minnick, I know I am going to "get it" from everybody, thats why I am asking for HELP in deciding ,never have this problem before. well strart with the "tong lashing" ha ha ha ha.

a Democrat (are we shure?)

ecocks

imported post

Again a tough call there David.

In fact, Minnick is the only Democrat endorsed by one of the Tea Parties based upon his voting record (particularly the NationalHealthcare vote) so he is sometimeswilling to be a maverick from the Democratic Party's line.

He is a gun owner and known to hunt, but the NRA onlygrades him as a D+ on their evaluation of his stand on issues.

Personally, I want to see some checks and limits on the Democratic Party's powerand am intending to go with all Republicans, right down the line.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Picking a candidate can be a controversial issue. I wouldn't worry too much about the label of Democrat or Republican. Neither side has a monopoly on good folks, or a monopoly on corruption. Vote for the man or woman who you think is going to represent you the best. Sometimes this may be a big R, a big D, or a little known something else. The only way you can truly "throw your vote away" is by not voting and letting the rest of us decide for you.

ISRAEL

imported post

It is going to be hard, but the "end of the world", reading at the t.v. news(I can"t hear it), they are saying things about Ward, I can go Republican, but what about senor Ward, is this only politics or it is the truth? , Well Ed. I thank you , and Indiana boy for your help, most of the times my wife and daughter and son votes the way I do.

ecocks

imported post

David, I found Ward to be "refreshing" and my feeling was he was a strong, pro-2A conservative who has given some practical thought to the issues and developed more of a long-term, strategic outlook than his opponents. Raul Labrador seems to be equally conservative but not quite as well thought-out as I would have liked to have seen. Still, no problem supporting him if he wins tonight.

As for Minnick, I guess if I end up with a Democrat representing my district I could do a whole lot worse. However, I'd prefer a Republican.

ISRAEL

imported post

I knew it I knew it, you have wisdom, I am going with your feeling, becouse this time I been very "undecided" ( I am using words that I don't know if they existed in English).

Yolanda and I vote at night, after work, Muchas gracias, Spasibo.