Thread: how much ammo do you take along?

Post imported post

Curious how much additional ammo you take along with you when you open carry besides what is loaded in the gun?

I carry one extra mag when I have my hi power

Trying to decide how many speedloaders to take along when I carry my model 67 smith and wesson revolver

I am thinking I can't imagine a situation where i would be reloading more than once.

McX

Post imported post

one extra mag. stocked with 9, and 9 in the one loaded in.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

I carry what's in my mag; that's it. I don't plan on getting into anything extended. I'm not an LEO, my plan is to not get into anything at all but if I do I want to create as much distance aspossible and run away, or fightmy way to the nearest long gun. The rounds in my mag should be enough for that.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

I carry 1 in the pistol, 1 extra mag (the holster I chose has a pouch for 1 magazine). There is very little chance of some extended exchange happening. this is not the "old west" to coin a term used by many anti-freedom advocates.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

revolverrandy wrote:
    Curious how much additional ammo you take along with you when you open carry besides what is loaded in the gun?

I carry one extra mag when I have my hi power

Trying to decide how many speedloaders to take along when I carry my model 67 smith and wesson revolver

I am thinking I can't imagine a situation where i would be reloading more than once.
    If you have time to reload, you likely should have been spending that time getting away from the threat. Loading upmy pockets with extra ammo is not something I do.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

More is better than less.

You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass. - Trooper M. Padgett

Post imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    revolverrandy wrote:

¬* I carry one extra mag when I have my hi power

¬*Trying to decide how many speedloaders¬* to take along when I carry my model 67 smith and wesson revolver

If you have time to reload, you likely should have been spending that time getting away from the threat.¬* Loading up¬*my pockets with extra ammo is not something I do.¬*
    Great Idea I.K., trapped, nowhere to run, multiple BG's and BG is pizzed that you shot at him or them at all, now you're out of ammo 'cause you. . . shoulda been runnin'?

What self-defense book or training manual did you glean that wonderful tidbit of info from? I'm just asking here. 'cause heck, I just might be carrying too much ammo.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

My philosophy, which was handed down to me by my grandfather is as follows.

"It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it."

My grandpa learned that back when he was with the Airbourne Rangers during WWII. When I OC which is everyday unless I'm at work or going to a place where I know the facility is non-weapons compliant, I always have one in the pipe, full mag in the pistol and a spare mag. If I can't handle a situation with that, I'm definitely in the mud for sure.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"
    -Unknown