• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mexican President Calderon asks US to reinstate AWB.

Old Grump

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Say, didn't Mexico used to be a country or something? :question:
Or something, they get nearly 51% of their imports from us and believe it or not guns are not a major commodity.

Just shy of 85% of their exports not counting drugs and illegals come to the United States.

In spite of the corruption and low standard of pay for their workers Mexico stands 13th overall as an economic power.

It would be a crying shame if the drug cartels win and drag their country into anarchy and bankruptcy. If you think we have illegals now just wait till millions of refugees try to make it over the border.

Let me guess marshaul, you want proof? Do your own research. I'll be interested if your numbers are much different than mine.

Overtaxed

imported post

Before we even begin to consider something like this (and we shouldn't), we should first ask him:

"Hey, Felipe... Who, exactly, has access to Mexican police and military armories? And police evidence lockup rooms? And are those people vetted before they're hired,
and the weapons they are in charge of audited for a proper chain of custody?"

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Everything you provided is an evidence of government handouts, which (without exception) are utilized in the greatest numbers by native-born Americans.

The problem is the handouts, not the immigrants.

As for our economy overall, my state has the worst tax-and-spend government in the world. That's our fault. Mine. And you want to blame it on people our government doesn't even pretend to represent?

Ludicrous.

JKelly

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Everything you provided is an evidence of government handouts, which (without exception) are utilized in the greatest numbers by native-born Americans.

The problem is the handouts, not the immigrants.

As for our economy overall, my state has the worst tax-and-spend government in the world. That's our fault. Mine. And you want to blame it on people our government doesn't even pretend to represent?

Ludicrous.

No. The problem is the FOREIGN CRIMINAL PARASITES.

And the maggots that support/condone them.

noname762

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
zoom6zoom wrote:
Ain't it funny how guns (allegedly) going south are our fault, and the drugs coming north are.... also our fault?

Screw a border fence. Land mines.
Use the illegals picked up in Texas and Arizona to build the fence, dig the moat, stock the alligators and place the land mines. Then send a bill to Calderon for our expenses in feeding and clothing them and transporting them back home. If he doesn't pay the bill they just keep building, digging and planting till he or a family member of the illegal comes up with the money to get their loved one back to their side of the border.

Any illegal picked up anywhere in the country for that matter. New York illegals and Chicago illegals can dig as well as Phoenix illegals.

Hey Conan the Pretend Republican in California, are you paying attention? If I remember right they are an extreme drain on your economy too. If they can't get in through Texas or Arizona they will come through California. Are you going to keep feeding them, schooling them, housing them at your expense or get with the program.

I bet a lot of retired folks would gladly strap on their revolver, pistol, sawed off shotgun etc. and do a stint as fence guard for minimum wage, traveling expenses and an ammo allowance. Think a ex smuggler, gang banger would want to mess with a white haired old coot with a Viet Nam Veterans cap on and a cheek full of chewing tobacco. That old boy might have been working maintenance at Advance Transformer but before he got vested in his retirement package the plant went to Mexico. Now all he has a minimum wage job, his old 45 SAA and all the ammo he can shoot. Go ahead, give him a hard time Jose.
Hoooaah!! I'm with Old Grump on this one!!

Old Grump

imported post

Everything you provided is an evidence of government handouts, which (without exception) are utilized in the greatest numbers by native-born Americans. The problem is the handouts, not the immigrants. As for our economy overall, my state has the worst tax-and-spend government in the world. That's our fault. Mine. And you want to blame it on people our government doesn't even pretend to represent? Ludicrous.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't I just write that immigrants are our strength and that illegal immigrants are the problem.

Immigrants are a strong point of your economy, the illegals are a severe drain, what part of this am I missing?

Yup, that's what I wrote.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
Everything you provided is an evidence of government handouts, which (without exception) are utilized in the greatest numbers by native-born Americans. The problem is the handouts, not the immigrants. As for our economy overall, my state has the worst tax-and-spend government in the world. That's our fault. Mine. And you want to blame it on people our government doesn't even pretend to represent? Ludicrous.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't I just write that immigrants are our strength and that illegal immigrants are the problem.

Immigrants are a strong point of your economy, the illegals are a severe drain, what part of this am I missing?

Yup, that's what I wrote.
Some people never like to argue the truth. They just take one phrase out of context, then, argue it as if it was your entire argument. They are the kings of hyperbole and the Strawman.