• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry emblems

ISRAEL

imported post

I think it will be nice to see the O.C. emblems of all states, I have only see 3 emblems, Nevada, Wisconsin and Missoury, . We in Idaho do not have one, there is one but not for an O.C. movement, . I hope the states who have one will post them for all to see them.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Here; someone just photoshop a gun in his hand:

potato_2.gif

:celebrate:lol:

I just couldn't resist; I'm sorry...........

ISRAEL

imported post

We are FAMOUS for our potatoes, (Our license plate said so)I think it will be better if it is a "couch potato head" whith a gun in each hand and a big belly like mine, ha ha ha, we need more ideas like that, gracias gracias gracias.:celebrate

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
I think it will be nice to see the O.C. emblems of all states, I have only see 3 emblems, Nevada, Wisconsin and Missoury, . We in Idaho do not have one, there is one but not for an O.C. movement, . I hope the states who have one will post them for all to see them.

OC emblems? We don't need no steenking OC emblems!

Seriously, are there actual state OC emblems? Can I get a complete collector's set, or do I have to buy individual ceareal boxes until I accumulate the whole bunch?

There are folks who are doing stuff like this http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/42901.htmlbut AFAIK the only OC emblem that is recognized is that firearm you are carrying in plain view.

Sorry if you were trying to suggest that there might be something like bumper/window stickers promoting/supporting OC in a particular state. Only thing I personally was aware of was the billboard campaign a while back in Texas. Stuff like that I can get behind, but a state-specific "emblem" just makes me think someone is trying to start up a "club" and the next thing you know we will have dues and bylaws and folks running to be elected to a Board of Directors and the whole Us v. Them thing about if you are or are not a member.

stay safe.

ISRAEL

imported post

To me is like this: There is only one USA flag, the other flags you see every where are copies of the original, and every state in the USA has their own flag, I do not see any problem that every state have their own O.C. emblem, to me anyway it is nice to see them and the people feel that they belong, somebody post an emblem and you can read that every body loves it andwant to start buying them, somebody in Seattle came withone idea very close to the Starbuck emblem. please people continue sending your emblems for us to see them, there are a lot of artists in this O.C. gruoup.

Vuestro amigo vaquero ,Israel, (saludos)

ISRAEL

imported post

That means that the states who already have them, are wrong? how about the NRA, I see them all over Boise (I'm not an NRA member), I think this NRA people feel good showing the NRA stickers, but still it is good to have this conversation, and thank you for understanding my poor English especially my sintax (sintaxis in Spanish).

Dreamer

imported post

Not specifically Open Carry, but this is a logo that I designed for a newly-forming Pro-2A group here in North Carolina.

The design is base on the first flag of NC, which was inspired by a comment made by the British General Cornwallis. He said that Mecklenberg County was a "hornets nest of rebellion" after being successfully harassed for months by the rag-tag bands of locals.

I thought that a "hornets nest" was a good symbol for a group that is planning to be a "bee in the bonnet" of our legislators, in terms of emails, phone calls, publicity events, and media activity... ;)

ISRAEL

imported post

That is what we have in Boise, Idaho Citizen defence league, maybe John will post it here, I like it, when I saw your emblem before reading it I thought that you have a lot of yellow jackets,

Somebody send us the potato head, and I was wondering if any body has eaten our famous "Idaho Potato Icecream"? it is delicious, and fattening, if you haven't eatened you don't know what are missing, it is popular at the Boise fair and there is a icecream parlor who sells it. I must go now I need to eat icecream potato, fron Idaho whith love, ha ha ha. Keep O.Cing.:dude:

SpyderTattoo

imported post

WOW! Those are beautiful. We need something like that in Washington. I'm thinking embroidered patches, stickers... Maybe different sizes, like shoulder patches, or a bigger one for the back of a jacket or something. I have no design skill, but I do know someone that does embroidery.

t33j

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Only thing I personally was aware of was the billboard campaign a while back in Texas.  Stuff like that I can get behind, but a state-specific "emblem" just makes me think someone is trying to start up a "club" and the next thing you know we will have dues and bylaws and folks running to be elected to a Board of Directors and the whole Us v. Them thing about if you are or are not a member.
QFT

sraacke

imported post

skidmark wrote:
but a state-specific "emblem" just makes me think someone is trying to start up a "club" and the next thing you know we will have dues and bylaws and folks running to be elected to a Board of Directors and the whole Us v. Them thing about if you are or are not a member.
:what: We just discussed dues at our May meeting. We already have bylaws and a board/officers and members, full members and non-members.