Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR-24/24K

Post imported post

If anybody is looking at the new Armalite AR-24 or 24K, they are on sale through the weekend at Gander Mountain. I just picked up the 24K for $380 yesterday, list price is $499.

Roll on the weekend.

Post imported post

Is this really the size of this gun? :shock:

http://www.arcimboldeb.com/img/eventi/armi2/1.jpg
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

Yeah, that is the full size, 5 inch barrell I think. I have the "K", its a little more compact.

That picture you found makes it look HUGE, like you need three hands to hold it. Its the same size as a CZ75 if thats any help.

BTW, they have a bunch of different guns on sale right now, well worth the visit. The strange thing was the sale prices are not advertised in-store, it wasnt until the sales clerk mentioned it that I figuredI should spend more money and BUY MORE GUNS, YAY!

Post imported post

Gander Mountain

*vomit*

Edit:

9mm

*vomit*

Post imported post

I'm guessing you have half a clue where to get one cheaper?

No...? Didnt think so.

Post imported post

I guess you missed the memo, or simply just didn't understand it, saying that the use of emoticons can, and sometimes does, illustrate a joking tone.

Welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay. I bet you might even find thicker skin on amazon.com

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Gander Mountain

*vomit*

Edit:

9mm

*vomit*

Curtis,

Play nice. While there might not be anything good to say about GM and we certainly do not want to restart the 9mm v. 45LC debate, there is no need for you to be harshing on the nice man's need to compensate for whatever it is he's compensating for. [Seriously, Bonefish, if that pistola floats your boat more power to you. I'm in favor of anything that serves it's intended purpose rather than being a boat anchor that looks like a firearm.]

Too bad emoticons do not convey the full range of emotion trying to be expressed. Not even when they are doubled.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    we certainly do not want to restart the 9mm v. 45LC debate
    I'd love to see a 9x19 vs. .45LC debate, all I ever see is 9 vs. .40 vs. .45 ACP.

Maybe we could throw 9mm Largo, .40 Super, and .475 Wildey (makes a real mess) into the mix!

Post imported post

architect wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    we certainly do not want to restart the 9mm v. 45LC debate
    I'd love to see a 9x19 vs. .45LC debate, all I ever see is 9 vs. .40 vs. .45 ACP.

Maybe we could throw 9mm Largo, .40 Super, and .475 Wildey (makes a real mess) into the mix!
    Not really interested in the 9mm versus 45acp debate, I own both. But I would be interested in a 460 s&w versus a 454 casull debate.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Post imported post

I would also like to congratulate you on your new purchase, I have heard good things about them.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Post imported post

The bottom line is if you are buying guns then you are likely our friend. Welcome.

Post imported post

Thanks guys, I have heard good things too, I have a couple of friends who own them and speak highly of them.

Curtis, I dont have thin skin, I just thought you were being a dick. Still do, whatever.

Skidmark, if you have read your pm you will have my opinion of you too.

I just came here to share some great prices,I didnt expect to get flamed for it. If you dont care for 9mm thats your personal preference. If you also believe Armalite would put their name on a "boat anchor" then I assume you are speaking from experience, either owning or previously owning this particular firearm. Surely you are not chipping in on a thread (from your mommys basement) with nothing constructive to add and with no personal experience on the subject. I find it hard to believe a grown adult would do that, unless of course, they just like to post for the hell of it, just to add their worthless comments and feel like they are included.

PS, perfect emoticon...

Post imported post

Who's flaming? The guy calling people a-holes and saying everybody lives in their mother's basement? Yeah that guy should take a chill pill and relax a little shouldn't he? Could also benefit from learning how to take a joke I bet. :shock:

Post imported post

Yeah, maybe he should....time for more coffee. I didnt come here to get into a ******* match with everybody, I'm chill.

Post imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
    Yeah, maybe he should....time for more coffee. I didnt come here to get into a ******* match with everybody, I'm chill.
    Grats on finding a gun you like at a discounted price. Having that happen is ALWAYS a nice surprise.

I myself have two 9mm and one .380 firearms. I intend at some point (read: when finances allow) want to get either .40 or .45

Of course, I'd also like to get an AR-10 or 15 or two... but finances aren't being nice atm.

Post imported post

Yeah, I agree. I wanted to pick up something fairly light and compact to carry, I have a P100 in .40and an M&P-15 to play with around the house but the Taurus is just too big and heavy to tuck comfortably and the M&P...well, I dont see that going over favorably at the mall.

Post imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
    You might want to consider retracting some of the comments you have made both publically and privately. Or at least apologizing for your lack of ability to recognize when someone was yanking your chain instead of intentionally insulting you.

I apologize for any ability on my part to indicate that my comments were meant to be humerous. I am sory that you did not recognize that in spite of my references to and use of emoiticons. From now on I will try to remember that you view life concretely.

There is a fair amount of give and take that takes place between folks on this sub-forum because we have come to know each other in cyberspace and in real life. Newcomers need time to adjust to that.If you feel that someone has offended you, you are encouraged to discuss that with them via PM, but you are also encouraged to do so calmly and without engaging in an offensive tirade yourself.

In closing, let me assure you that I would be delighted to meet you in person. We would then have the opportunity to decide if we like each other or not. However, I need to let you know one offer you have made just will not be accepted - it's not something I think I would enjoy.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

No retractions or apologies. I meant everything I said. I'm fairly confident that I wouldnt like you at all if we met and would probably want to wipe that smug smirk off of you. I do have one more suggestion for you though...Go suck on my boat anchor.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Who's flaming? The guy calling people a-holes and saying everybody lives in their mother's basement? Yeah that guy should take a chill pill and relax a little shouldn't he? Could also benefit from learning how to take a joke I bet. :shock:

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, I didnt mean to imply everyone lived in mommy's basement, just you.

so...did you have anything constructive to add about the AR-24?

Post imported post

If I had the bucks..and the desire for something that size, I'd consider getting one! thanks for the info. as far as gander Mtn, I like ther stuff..I also like Bass Pro, and Dicks. I even like Wally World for cheap ammo.

I like motorcycles, a good steak, cheap beer, boobies, classic rock, and long walks on the beach under a starry sky.

but I'm STILL waiting for that dang Kel-Tek PMR-30!!!
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
    Curtis wrote:

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, I didnt mean to imply everyone lived in mommy's basement, just you.

Ah, well you must enjoy having a penchant for being wrong either way then.

And the pistol seems halfway decent for a copy of a copy of a copy from a company that wants to generate $ from the handgun department with a name they earned in the rifle department. Did I get that right or do I have one too many/few instances of "copy" in there? If you want to carry a heavy handgun you might as well get it in a meaningful caliber, or get one that has easily available aftermarket or replacement parts.

On another note you had already addressed that posting. Why the need to go back and do it again. One of those elementary errors of "aw man shoulda said that, that would've been badass!" ? That seems to happen most often when someone is so upset and riled up that they can think neither fast nor straight enough. I thought you were supposed to take a chill pill.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    bonefish101 wrote:
    Curtis wrote:

Ah, well you must enjoy having a penchant for being wrong either way then.

And the pistol seems halfway decent for a copy of a copy of a copy from a company that wants to generate $ from the handgun department with a name they earned in the rifle department. Did I get that right or do I have one too many/few instances of "copy" in there? If you want to carry a heavy handgun you might as well get it in a meaningful caliber, or get one that has easily available aftermarket or replacement parts.

On another note you had already addressed that posting. Why the need to go back and do it again. One of those elementary errors of "awa man shoulda said that, that would've been badass!" ?

Curtis, you are correct, it is an updated clone of the CZ75, it is also getting good reviews from people who actually own one.I realise at 30+ ounces it is a little heavy, I just prefer steel over polymer, a personal preference is all. i am not concerned about the smaller caliber, if I cant put down a BG with a 13 round clip, even in .22 caliber then I would sayI have no business being armed in the first place. If your carry piece is a Derringer then caliber is a big issue, with a larger clip, not so much.

To address your side note, I do not need to flap my gums to feel badass, I AM badass:P

As far as aftermarket parts, I am not planning on much customization and the gun comes with a lifetime warranty, if anythig fails Armalite will fix it for me.

Post imported post

Yeah VT, I was just trying to spread the word. I'll shop anywhere that the price is right.

Skidmark, seems I am a little sensitive this morning, I do apologize. Seriously, I didnt come here to argue about petty crap and hurt feelings. Just so you know, I really have nothing to compensate for though, just wanted a smaller, lighter firearm and I thought maybe someone here might have been looking also. I read your comments on another post I had started and I agree with your commentswholeheartedly.

Post imported post

Clips??? Your handguns take stripper clips?

And yeah you're so badass that you'll wipe the smirk off of someone's face but won't meet them to do it. Internet badass is the correct phrase I believe.

And here come the "huuurrr dur you need 13 rounds because you can't shoot" lines. At least that's what you seem to be implying. I carry either an 8 shot 1911, a 6 shot revolver, or a 5 shot revolver. I don't know how many it'd take to down a bad guy from each and I hope I never have to find out.

You're now on my ignore list. Enjoy your brick, your clips, and your masquerade of badassery (of the internet variety).

Post imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
    Yeah VT, I was just trying to spread the word. I'll shop anywhere that the price is right.

Skidmark, seems I am a little sensitive this morning, I do apologize. Seriously, I didnt come here to argue about petty crap and hurt feelings. Just so you know, I really have nothing to compensate for though, just wanted a smaller, lighter firearm and I thought maybe someone here might have been looking also. I read your comments on another post I had started and I agree with your commentswholeheartedly.
    Bonefish 101 -

I'm going to accept your apology at face value. However, you might want to adopt an old Ann Landers maxim when writing something that could be taken as being nasty-toned: save it and review it 24 hours later to decide if you still want to say it.

My invitation in both a PM and a post still are open - you probably need to meet me in person in order to decide if you really want to do those things you have suggested both openly and in PMs. While it is a bit out of the way, you might want to consider the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast tomorrow (5/22) or the next Richmond OC dinner (date TBA but probably 6/14) - if you show up and introduce yourself I'll buy your meal whether I end up liking you or not.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast