• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR-24/24K

bonefish101

imported post

If anybody is looking at the new Armalite AR-24 or 24K, they are on sale through the weekend at Gander Mountain. I just picked up the 24K for $380 yesterday, list price is $499.

Roll on the weekend.

bonefish101

imported post

Yeah, that is the full size, 5 inch barrell I think. I have the "K", its a little more compact.

That picture you found makes it look HUGE, like you need three hands to hold it. Its the same size as a CZ75 if thats any help.

BTW, they have a bunch of different guns on sale right now, well worth the visit. The strange thing was the sale prices are not advertised in-store, it wasnt until the sales clerk mentioned it that I figuredI should spend more money and BUY MORE GUNS, YAY!

curtiswr

imported post

I guess you missed the memo, or simply just didn't understand it, saying that the use of emoticons can, and sometimes does, illustrate a joking tone.

Welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay. I bet you might even find thicker skin on amazon.com

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Curtis wrote:
Gander Mountain

*vomit*

Edit:

9mm

*vomit*

:lol::lol:

Curtis,

Play nice. While there might not be anything good to say about GM and we certainly do not want to restart the 9mm v. 45LC debate, there is no need for you to be harshing on the nice man's need to compensate for whatever it is he's compensating for.:lol: [Seriously, Bonefish, if that pistola floats your boat more power to you. I'm in favor of anything that serves it's intended purpose rather than being a boat anchor that looks like a firearm.]

Too bad emoticons do not convey the full range of emotion trying to be expressed. Not even when they are doubled.:banghead::banghead:

stay safe.

architect

imported post

skidmark wrote:
we certainly do not want to restart the 9mm v. 45LC debate
I'd love to see a 9x19 vs. .45LC debate, all I ever see is 9 vs. .40 vs. .45 ACP.

Maybe we could throw 9mm Largo, .40 Super, and .475 Wildey (makes a real mess) into the mix!

tcmech

imported post

architect wrote:
skidmark wrote:
we certainly do not want to restart the 9mm v. 45LC debate
I'd love to see a 9x19 vs. .45LC debate, all I ever see is 9 vs. .40 vs. .45 ACP.

Maybe we could throw 9mm Largo, .40 Super, and .475 Wildey (makes a real mess) into the mix!
Not really interested in the 9mm versus 45acp debate, I own both. But I would be interested in a 460 s&w versus a 454 casull debate.

tcmech

imported post

I would also like to congratulate you on your new purchase, I have heard good things about them.

bonefish101

imported post

Thanks guys, I have heard good things too, I have a couple of friends who own them and speak highly of them.

Curtis, I dont have thin skin, I just thought you were being a dick. Still do, whatever.

Skidmark, if you have read your pm you will have my opinion of you too.

I just came here to share some great prices,I didnt expect to get flamed for it. If you dont care for 9mm thats your personal preference. If you also believe Armalite would put their name on a "boat anchor" then I assume you are speaking from experience, either owning or previously owning this particular firearm. Surely you are not chipping in on a thread (from your mommys basement) with nothing constructive to add and with no personal experience on the subject. I find it hard to believe a grown adult would do that, unless of course, they just like to post for the hell of it, just to add their worthless comments and feel like they are included.

PS, perfect emoticon...:cuss:

curtiswr

imported post

Who's flaming? The guy calling people a-holes and saying everybody lives in their mother's basement? Yeah that guy should take a chill pill and relax a little shouldn't he? Could also benefit from learning how to take a joke I bet. :shock:

darthmord

imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
Yeah, maybe he should....time for more coffee. I didnt come here to get into a pissing match with everybody, I'm chill.

Grats on finding a gun you like at a discounted price. Having that happen is ALWAYS a nice surprise.

I myself have two 9mm and one .380 firearms. I intend at some point (read: when finances allow) want to get either .40 or .45

Of course, I'd also like to get an AR-10 or 15 or two... but finances aren't being nice atm.

bonefish101

imported post

Yeah, I agree. I wanted to pick up something fairly light and compact to carry, I have a P100 in .40and an M&P-15 to play with around the house but the Taurus is just too big and heavy to tuck comfortably and the M&P...well, I dont see that going over favorably at the mall.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
Yeah, maybe he should....time for more coffee. I didnt come here to get into a pissing match with everybody, I'm chill.

You might want to consider retracting some of the comments you have made both publically and privately. Or at least apologizing for your lack of ability to recognize when someone was yanking your chain instead of intentionally insulting you.

I apologize for any ability on my part to indicate that my comments were meant to be humerous. I am sory that you did not recognize that in spite of my references to and use of emoiticons. From now on I will try to remember that you view life concretely.

There is a fair amount of give and take that takes place between folks on this sub-forum because we have come to know each other in cyberspace and in real life. Newcomers need time to adjust to that.If you feel that someone has offended you, you are encouraged to discuss that with them via PM, but you are also encouraged to do so calmly and without engaging in an offensive tirade yourself.

In closing, let me assure you that I would be delighted to meet you in person. We would then have the opportunity to decide if we like each other or not. However, I need to let you know one offer you have made just will not be accepted - it's not something I think I would enjoy.

stay safe.

bonefish101

imported post

No retractions or apologies. I meant everything I said. I'm fairly confident that I wouldnt like you at all if we met and would probably want to wipe that smug smirk off of you. I do have one more suggestion for you though...Go suck on my boat anchor:D.

bonefish101

imported post

Curtis wrote:
Who's flaming? The guy calling people a-holes and saying everybody lives in their mother's basement? Yeah that guy should take a chill pill and relax a little shouldn't he? Could also benefit from learning how to take a joke I bet. :shock:

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, I didnt mean to imply everyone lived in mommy's basement, just you.

so...did you have anything constructive to add about the AR-24?

vt800c

imported post

If I had the bucks..and the desire for something that size, I'd consider getting one! thanks for the info. as far as gander Mtn, I like ther stuff..I also like Bass Pro, and Dicks. I even like Wally World for cheap ammo.

I like motorcycles, a good steak, cheap beer, boobies, classic rock, and long walks on the beach under a starry sky.

but I'm STILL waiting for that dang Kel-Tek PMR-30!!!