• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR-24/24K

curtiswr

imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Who's flaming? The guy calling people a-holes and saying everybody lives in their mother's basement? Yeah that guy should take a chill pill and relax a little shouldn't he? Could also benefit from learning how to take a joke I bet. :shock:

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, I didnt mean to imply everyone lived in mommy's basement, just you.

so...did you have anything constructive to add about the AR-24?

Ah, well you must enjoy having a penchant for being wrong either way then.

And the pistol seems halfway decent for a copy of a copy of a copy from a company that wants to generate $ from the handgun department with a name they earned in the rifle department. Did I get that right or do I have one too many/few instances of "copy" in there? If you want to carry a heavy handgun you might as well get it in a meaningful caliber, or get one that has easily available aftermarket or replacement parts.

On another note you had already addressed that posting. Why the need to go back and do it again. One of those elementary errors of "aw man shoulda said that, that would've been badass!" ? That seems to happen most often when someone is so upset and riled up that they can think neither fast nor straight enough. I thought you were supposed to take a chill pill.

bonefish101

imported post

Curtis wrote:
bonefish101 wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Who's flaming? The guy calling people a-holes and saying everybody lives in their mother's basement? Yeah that guy should take a chill pill and relax a little shouldn't he? Could also benefit from learning how to take a joke I bet. :shock:

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, I didnt mean to imply everyone lived in mommy's basement, just you.

so...did you have anything constructive to add about the AR-24?

Ah, well you must enjoy having a penchant for being wrong either way then.

And the pistol seems halfway decent for a copy of a copy of a copy from a company that wants to generate $ from the handgun department with a name they earned in the rifle department. Did I get that right or do I have one too many/few instances of "copy" in there? If you want to carry a heavy handgun you might as well get it in a meaningful caliber, or get one that has easily available aftermarket or replacement parts.

On another note you had already addressed that posting. Why the need to go back and do it again. One of those elementary errors of "awa man shoulda said that, that would've been badass!" ?

Curtis, you are correct, it is an updated clone of the CZ75, it is also getting good reviews from people who actually own one.I realise at 30+ ounces it is a little heavy, I just prefer steel over polymer, a personal preference is all. i am not concerned about the smaller caliber, if I cant put down a BG with a 13 round clip, even in .22 caliber then I would sayI have no business being armed in the first place. If your carry piece is a Derringer then caliber is a big issue, with a larger clip, not so much.

To address your side note, I do not need to flap my gums to feel badass, I AM badass:p

As far as aftermarket parts, I am not planning on much customization and the gun comes with a lifetime warranty, if anythig fails Armalite will fix it for me.

bonefish101

imported post

Yeah VT, I was just trying to spread the word. I'll shop anywhere that the price is right.

Skidmark, seems I am a little sensitive this morning, I do apologize. Seriously, I didnt come here to argue about petty crap and hurt feelings. Just so you know, I really have nothing to compensate for though, just wanted a smaller, lighter firearm and I thought maybe someone here might have been looking also. I read your comments on another post I had started and I agree with your commentswholeheartedly.

curtiswr

imported post

Clips??? Your handguns take stripper clips?

And yeah you're so badass that you'll wipe the smirk off of someone's face but won't meet them to do it. Internet badass is the correct phrase I believe.

And here come the "huuurrr dur you need 13 rounds because you can't shoot" lines. At least that's what you seem to be implying. I carry either an 8 shot 1911, a 6 shot revolver, or a 5 shot revolver. I don't know how many it'd take to down a bad guy from each and I hope I never have to find out.

You're now on my ignore list. Enjoy your brick, your clips, and your masquerade of badassery (of the internet variety).

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
Yeah VT, I was just trying to spread the word. I'll shop anywhere that the price is right.

Skidmark, seems I am a little sensitive this morning, I do apologize. Seriously, I didnt come here to argue about petty crap and hurt feelings. Just so you know, I really have nothing to compensate for though, just wanted a smaller, lighter firearm and I thought maybe someone here might have been looking also. I read your comments on another post I had started and I agree with your commentswholeheartedly.

Bonefish 101 -

I'm going to accept your apology at face value. However, you might want to adopt an old Ann Landers maxim when writing something that could be taken as being nasty-toned: save it and review it 24 hours later to decide if you still want to say it.

My invitation in both a PM and a post still are open - you probably need to meet me in person in order to decide if you really want to do those things you have suggested both openly and in PMs. While it is a bit out of the way, you might want to consider the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast tomorrow (5/22) or the next Richmond OC dinner (date TBA but probably 6/14) - if you show up and introduce yourself I'll buy your meal whether I end up liking you or not.

stay safe.

bonefish101

imported post

Skidmark,

I already have plans for this weekend,I would like to maybe get down for the June event, its a little difficult to plan so far in advance and it is a long drive but you never know. I do appreciate your offer of dinner though, thank you, you may just be suprised to see me turn up. I am not usually easily offended or upset, I just felt like I was being harrased for no good reason. I apologize again if my comments were out of line.

curtiswr

imported post

Was the address you sent me where you are holding your own OC breakfast/lunch/dinner this weekend? Why did you send it? More acts of internet bravado and internet badassery?

You're such a great and responsible asset to the good citizen image that gunowners fight so hard to uphold. That was sarcasm. Did you get it? I figured I would spell it out for you as simple as possible with a direct comment since the emoticons have failed on several occasions.

If you truly want to take to fighting over an internet joke and the perceived damage to your character (which was all evidence provided by you in your posts) then I hope you didn't buy the Armalite AR-24, or any gun ever for that matter, as it seems you might be too unstable to responsibly own and operate one. You are truly a moron and a detriment to all that we in the gun community strive for.

bonefish101

imported post

Actually, I sent you my address in the hopes you would realise I welcome your company this weekend - And that you might be man enough to actually show up.

Come on down, we can go back in the woods and settle our differences...internet tough guy...if only you knew.

curtiswr

imported post

I understood the implications of your address being sent to me, which is why I said what I did about you being a complete and utter irresponsible and moronic detriment to the image of gun rights advocates everywhere. I am sorry that you can't pick up on inferences and implications as well as I.

Maybe that comes from years of taking everything too seriously and settling it in the woods? Don't get an aneurysm, buddy. You're 20 years older than I, yet act 20 years younger than I. Truly a shame that a grown man who thinks so highly of himself acts as you do.

bonefish101

imported post

Curtis wrote:
Was the address you sent me where you are holding your own OC breakfast/lunch/dinner this weekend? Why did you send it? More acts of internet bravado and internet badassery?

You're such a great and responsible asset to the good citizen image that gunowners fight so hard to uphold. That was sarcasm. Did you get it? I figured I would spell it out for you as simple as possible with a direct comment since the emoticons have failed on several occasions.

If you truly want to take to fighting over an internet joke and the perceived damage to your character (which was all evidence provided by you in your posts) then I hope you didn't buy the Armalite AR-24, or any gun ever for that matter, as it seems you might be too unstable to responsibly own and operate one. You are truly a moron and a detriment to all that we in the gun community strive for.

So let me get this straight, you strive to hide in mommys basement, making unwelcomed snarky comments like a little biatchand calling people names. I wonder how many of the other members here actually support your comments.

My offer stands, come visit, I'll teach you some manners...boy.

curtiswr

imported post

I'll just leave this here, let it speak for itself. You can not undertake reasonable discourse, so I am done replying to you. Bye bye!

pm2.jpg