• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class - Hampton, Virginia

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Proactive Shooters' next Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class in the Hampton Roads areais scheduled for Saturday,June 19, 2010 from 11am to 5pm. Class will be held at the Bass Pro Shops in Hampton, Va. Registration is now open for this class.

Cost is $85.00

The Utah permit is the brass ring for those who travel and carry a firearm for self defense.

Online registration for this course and additional details may be found here -
[url]http://www.ProactiveShooters.com[/url]

This course also satisfies the requirement for obtaining a Virginia concealed handgun permit and an additional certificate is provided at no extra cost.

apollosmom

imported post

YMMV, but for what's worth timewise...

I took my class from the VCDL President, who is a Utah instructor on 29 Mar at LGC. Mailed my packet Friday the 1st of April. Utah didn't waste any time docking my credit card, in less than a week. Website states 60 days. ....received it on Saturday 22 May. 52 days by my count!

ProShooter

imported post

Thank you. Utah has been great here lately about staying within that 60day window.

We're hopeful that opening up our class in the Hampton Roads area will allow gun owners in HR the opportunity to take a class that is not regularly offered near them.

Offraodcouple208

imported post

I participated in the first Utah Concealed Carry Course yesterday though Provocative Shooter at Bass Pro Shops in Hampton, Va. Foremost, I would like to extend my appreciation to Provocative Shooters for bringing their Richmond Bass Pro class down to Hampton Roads area. I want to say thank you to Jim Reynolds for the knowledge and level of professionalism he provided. The instructor was very personable and definitely on top of his profession. The instruction was concise and clear and the exercises were relevant to real world situations one may encounter. With Jim’s importance on real world situations and schooling his techniques to overcome the odds, this course offers the new, inexperienced, handgun owner the chance to practice techniques that may save their life. I have always said it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, the same can be said for proper training and practice methods. It was most importantly fun, enjoyable and a great learning experience. Anyone with a Virginia Permit (Combined with Utah 33 States) or even without one (Just Utah 29 States) should look into this course. Hope to see them return to Bass Pro month after month…

Josh

ProShooter

imported post

Offraodcouple208 wrote:
I participated in the first Utah Concealed Carry Course yesterday though Provocative Shooter at Bass Pro Shops in Hampton, Va. Foremost, I would like to extend my appreciation to Provocative Shooters for bringing their Richmond Bass Pro class down to Hampton Roads area. I want to say thank you to Jim Reynolds for the knowledge and level of professionalism he provided. The instructor was very personable and definitely on top of his profession. The instruction was concise and clear and the exercises were relevant to real world situations one may encounter. With Jim’s importance on real world situations and schooling his techniques to overcome the odds, this course offers the new, inexperienced, handgun owner the chance to practice techniques that may save their life. I have always said it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, the same can be said for proper training and practice methods. It was most importantly fun, enjoyable and a great learning experience. Anyone with a Virginia Permit (Combined with Utah 33 States) or even without one (Just Utah 29 States) should look into this course. Hope to see them return to Bass Pro month after month…

Josh

Thank you very much for the nice compliments Josh! The Utah class is one of my favorites to do. I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

(as an aside, the name of the company is Proactive Shooters, not Provocative, although I have been accused of that from time to time.
whistle.gif
)