• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL in hand finally!!!!

Savage.Detroit

imported post

I was told by a credible source that I was approved at the April 14th gun board meeting for Wayne County. I stalked the mail lady for 3 weeks until I went down there and was told I wasn't approved and maybe I would be in June. I checked with my source and figured WaCo was behind. Today, I just couldn't wait anymore and very politely but firmly told them it may not be input in their system but I was approved. The clerk checked what I assume was paper records and then did my CPL up and handed to me. Very Cool!

fozzy71

imported post

sasha601 wrote:
why? are you under 21? why can't you get a CPL?

I can, and am, getting one. I just have to wait 3 or 4 months for Macomb to do w/e the hell it is that takes them so long. The last update to the website for me was on Apr 28th, and that shows the clerks office waiting for the paperwork from the sheriff. :?

sasha601

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
sasha601 wrote:
why? are you under 21? why can't you get a CPL?

I can, and am, getting one. I just have to wait 3 or 4 months for Macomb to do w/e the hell it is that takes them so long. The last update to the website for me was on Apr 28th, and that shows the clerks office waiting for the paperwork from the sheriff. :?

Did you check if your FBI fingerprints background check came back? I think the clock starts ticking from that point where they should approve or deny within specific time frame. I remember about 8-9 years ago I had similar problem with Oakland County. At some point I called the clerk and demanded a temporary CPL, as prescribed by Law. She put me on hold and, after a few minutes told me that I can come and get my permanent CPL.

scot623

imported post

If the sherrif has your paperwork back from the FBI, they send it over to the clerks office within one week. If it has been longer than a week, call Beverly in the clerks office, she handles the cpl's. Be really nice to her and ask her how long it will be until your meeting date. She will most likely then schedule your meeting.

ElectricianLU58

imported post

i applied at the macomb county clerk's office and was fingerprinted at the sheriff's on march 9th and go in front of the gun board tomorrow. 2 months and 11 days. i consider that totally reasonable.

fozzy71

imported post

ElectricianLU58 wrote:
i applied at the macomb county clerk's office and was fingerprinted at the sheriff's on march 9th and go in front of the gun board tomorrow. 2 months and 11 days. i consider that totally reasonable.

Everything you said is reasonable I suppose, except the bolded part (IMO).

sasha601

imported post

Hmm, I did not realize Macomb County requires people to physically go in front of gun board. I live in Oakland County. Here, they just call and ask to come to pick up PCL. No facing gun board. At least this is how it was in my case.

Vmaxx

imported post

Congrat's on your CPL enjoy, it makes life much easier..

Here in Genessee county there's no requirement to appear in front of a gun board. First time took 7 weeks. First renewal took 8 weeks, second renewal took 3 weeks. Hope the process changes for you the second time around!

kryptonian

imported post

oakland county was a challenge first time. had to pay 3 different places and 3 different payment methods. took a month and had to go pick it up. second time 1 fee and a month later mailed it to me. called when i thought it was due and girl asked if i checked my mailbox today? said no and checked keeping her on the phone. it was there.

StingMP9

Madison Hts-Carry M&P9mm CPL/NRA mem, Michigan, US
imported post

kryptonian wrote:
oakland county was a challenge first time. had to pay 3 different places and 3 different payment methods. took a month and had to go pick it up. second time 1 fee and a month later mailed it to me. called when i thought it was due and girl asked if i checked my mailbox today? said no and checked keeping her on the phone. it was there.

My experience in 2007 was very different(1st exp.) One payment and had it in 3-4 weeks by mail (Oakland County). I guess mine was more like your renewal.

Devoust

imported post

I'm Next Brother!

Walking around with this FN Five Seven without a CPL is a headache.

fozzy71

imported post

Devoust wrote:
I'm Next Brother!

Walking around with this FN Five Seven without a CPL is a headache.

:Jealous:

How do you like it? That is on my 'must-have list'. Post some pics?

I have an FNP9 for my first pistol. It's a bit over 2 months old, 11 or 1200 rounds through it now with no FTF or FTE. The cheaper range ammo sometimes wont lock the slide back after the last round, but that has never happened with any of the +P JHP's I have tried.

I may end up selling this to help fund my Five/Seven purchase, when I decide to get one.

FNP91a3-r.jpg