Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Roamin' Around Ky

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    Wednesday, Daughter and I went to the Hodgenville courthouse to congratulate some winners. Had dinner, then went for some ice cream and on to grocery shop in New Haven. We OC'd the whole time.

    Today, we went to E'Town steak house for dinner then to Wally World. Uneventful at both places though WW greeter eyeballed us both. Shopped the sporting goods area and went to Dan's Pawn Shop to look around some more.

    I opencarried my Glock 21 and she carried her gift (from me) CZ 82. Lovely days. Back to Texas for her tomorrow.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louisville KY, ,
    Posts
    234

    Post imported post

    They allowed weapons in the courthouse?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    Yes. No law against it. Just not in a court room.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    stationed in TX, Kentuckian by birth, ,
    Posts
    40

    Post imported post

    TheMrMitch wrote:
    Wednesday, Daughter and I went to the Hodgenville courthouse to congratulate some winners. Had dinner, then went for some ice cream and on to grocery shop in New Haven. We OC'd the whole time.

    Today, we went to E'Town steak house for dinner then to Wally World. Uneventful at both places though WW greeter eyeballed us both. Shopped the sporting goods area and went to Dan's Pawn Shop to look around some more.

    I opencarried my Glock 21 and she carried her gift (from me) CZ 82. Lovely days. Back to Texas for her tomorrow.
    Too bad she will not be able to open carry here in Texas.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    152

    Post imported post

    TheMrMitch wrote:
    Yes. No law against it. Just not in a court room.
    Try to tell that to the Bullitt County Sheriff's office.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louisville KY, ,
    Posts
    234

    Post imported post

    That's why I was asking. They scan you at the Bullit Co courthouse with lots of posted signs.

    I don't recall seeing any signs for the admin offices across the street though, where you pick up your permit. Next time I'm there I'll look closer.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    152

    Post imported post

    chris in va wrote:
    That's why I was asking. They scan you at the Bullit Co courthouse with lots of posted signs.

    I don't recall seeing any signs for the admin offices across the street though, where you pick up your permit. Next time I'm there I'll look closer.
    You can carry in the other buildings.

    I believe I saw some sort of "determination" that the Court Clerks offices were considered part of "court proceedings" and that the Driver's Licensing division was considered part of the Court Clerks office by the AG.

    Again, yet another unconstitutional infringement by the AG on our rights. This Conway guy CANNOT be elected to senate, Rand Paul all the way people. Personally, I think we need to get this Conway guy out of the AG office, but that's just me.

    I was thinking on filing some kind of civil suit on the whole issue, AG opinions ARE NOT law, but they want to act like they are.

    I had a discussion with the Sheriff's office on this once before and they said that they were not going to let me past the metal detectors because they wouldn't know where I was going after that. I told him, "It's not my fault you guys put them in the wrong place."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •