• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater OC Dinner Wed May 26 2010

wolf-father

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Had a great time - good people in Tidewater.

Really good to see you again Dan.

Wish my throat hadn't been acting up, but you all were patient with it.

Look for a new thread sometime in the next week or so about a Sat. Surryhouse lunch, ferry ride and Williamsburg or Jamestown the same day.

Yata hey

I hope I did not make younot get your your milkshake to help you with that throat. Sorry you had problems hearing me I too was looseing my voice.

danbus

imported post

Yessir!

So awesome to see everyone again. Good food, steak was a little dry, but all in all very tasty.

Something very interesting occured that night as well. I spotted a unicorn. Yes a REAL unicorn. His name is Bobby (hope I remembered that right) and he was OCing a very sexy 1911. All black with white grips in a IWB holster. Like I said, very sexy carry piece. Introduced him to the group and let him know about the site. Perhaps he will make his presence known on the board.

Again, great seeing everyone. Good food, good company, good times.

See ya'll at the next one.

Trigger Callus

imported post

Hello everyone,

I was invited to join the forum yesterday while me and the family were having dinner, so just wanted to stop by and say hello and thanks to Dan for informing me of such a cool site. Oh my name is Bobby. (With the sexy 1911). lol

Oh and nice meeting all of you who attended the dinner.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Trigger Callus wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was invited to join the forum yesterday while me and the family were having dinner, so just wanted to stop by and say hello and thanks to Dan for informing me of such a cool site. Oh my name is Bobby. (With the sexy 1911). lol

Oh and nice meeting all of you who attended the dinner.
Glad you found your way here - welcome aboard.

Your right - 1911's rule! :D

Yata hey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I too, was glad to see Danbus at our gatherings again, though he almost didn't make it after going to the wrong Golden Corral !!!! I hope he remembered to get two rings later last night: one for his fiance, and a matching one for his nose!:monkey

Everyone seemed to be in a mood to have a good evening, and it looked as though our new members enjoyed the experience too. It is always great to see new guys come out with us. Those two ol' reprobates from Richmond were also in rare form, and I especially liked Grapeshot's story about the well-endowed young woman who dropped all her change. I got a few laughs telling that one at work today, though Dale's delivery had a lot to do with it. At least he had the good judgment to only unbuttoned his shirt part way!!!!:lol:

45acpForMe

imported post

Had a good time. Afterwards was a bit painful sitting in traffic with construction. Then I got home and my cable modem was down!

It's always nice to meet some new people and see some familiar faces too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Had a good time. Afterwards was a bit painful sitting in traffic with construction. Then I got home and my cable modem was down!
I lived in NN/Hampton 25 years ago - they were working on that same section of I-64 when I left. You'd think that they would have finished it by now. :)

Dutch Uncle wrote:
.....story about the well-endowed young woman who dropped all her change. I got a few laughs telling that one at work today, though Dale's delivery had a lot to do with it. At least he had the good judgment to only unbuttoned his shirt part way!!!!:lol:
Wonder if the young lady ever took pause to question why she had sooo much change.

See you all next time, hopefully the missing links will be able to make the next one. :)

Yata hey

Old Virginia Joe

imported post

Is the Surry House OCDO in Surry County still on for tonight, Saturday May 29, as was announced on this website several weeks ago? I wrote it on my calendar when I first saw it announced. I have been looking for confirmation, but see no response to Grapeshots inquiry about it. This was to be our first DO with y'all, as the place is close to our home. Please advise. . . . . :question:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Old Virginia Joe wrote:
Is the Surry House OCDO in Surry County still on for tonight, Saturday May 29, as was announced on this website several weeks ago? I wrote it on my calendar when I first saw it announced. I have been looking for confirmation, but see no response to Grapeshots inquiry about it. This was to be our first DO with y'all, as the place is close to our home. Please advise. . . . . :question:
No date has been confirmed or set yet as there has been so much else going on.

Always has been mentioned as a Sat lunch followed by a trip to Williamsburg or Jamestown.

Look for a posting/thread in the next few days.

Yata hey

Mechman

imported post

Blast!

Missed it again. I apparently don't get on the Open Caryy forum often enough.

Can I ask a huge favor? Email me the next time you plan a dinner? I have been wanting to get out to one of these for the longest time! I would really like to meet everyone in the Tidewater area who supports open carrying.

I think I have only seen two or three folks open carrying in the last couple years that I have carried.

Best regards,

Jeff

Norfolk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sorry you missed it.

A request from someone you know to send you a PM would generate the same email through notification w/o making your email public to the whole world. You might want to edit that out.

Just my thoughts.

Yata hey