• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Old Country Buffet today (Lakewood Town Center).

Batousaii

imported post

So the Wife, kidsand I went to the Old Country Buffet today for dinner. I had been OCing my 1911 Colt .45 Combat Commander most for the day. Earlier in the day,our twoCockatiels had an appointment for wing clipping and toe nails at Port Orchard Parrots, an absolutely awesome store (if your a bird lover) where a big snuggle-hungry Cockatoo demanded my wife give lots of cuddle and attention, was really funny. The ladies there were not bothered by my Colt-1911, and that visit was very fun, our birds were intrigued by all he other parrots too -lol- So, dropped the birds off at home, then off to get the kids, and out to Old Country Buffet at Lakewood Town Center.

Admittedly, i was unsure of the response i would get at Old Country Buffet, as i have heard the didn't like Open Carry, but decided i'd go and be myself, at worst they'd ask me to cover up or we'd find another place to eat. So.... We walk in, up to the counter, girl at counter smiles asks if we would like drinks too, looks at my gun....... smiles and rings us up. Hmmm.. so far so good. We venture out and find a table, get settled, then off to the food bar. As i am rounding the food bar, i see a what looks like three managers and a couple workers along the far wall, they are standing there admiring the bar, food, talking shop. I had a little food, and was buzzing around selecting yummies from the selection. I asked the tall young man (he is always very polite and friendly) for some ham, and round back again to where the manager (now one and a couple co-workers) were to grab some potatoes, and i hear the managerexclaim in a positive tone "Yeah! in Washington you can do that, it's perfectly OK - Right !?!<directed at me>" I looked over and said "Huh? whats that?" - He motioned to the Colt-1911 and said "You can carry a firearm openly and it's perfectly OK" with a big grin. I Said "Yeap - your correct..." and we entered a little Q and A where one of the coworkers commented some of her friends carry guns too. The conversation was pleasant and enthusiastic. I went off and ate my meal, and went back for seconds, where the Tall pleasant young man commented about a friend of his who had recently acquired a WWII German Luger (inherited i think) and commented on it's beauty and how it was a coll piece of history. While getting round two, the manager came back over, and asked a couple more questions regarding legality, federal buildings and stuff, and was genuinely interested. After our second chat, i reached in my pocket and handed him a flier which he took interest in, and said to give us a look. -- So hopefully he will join up and say hello, the whole crew there was very good, accommodating, and interested in Open Carry and gun rights. It was a great day all around.

- Thumbs up for the crew at Old Country Buffet in the Lakewood Town Center

- Thumbs up to the crew at Port Orchard Parrots .

;)Bat

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Oh come on Bat, tell the truth...

You got put down on the floor by the staff and they took your weapon because the kiddies and mommies were screaming!!!

Glad to hear we have a backup in case Denny's kick's us out! LOL

.45ACPaddy

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Oh come on Bat, tell the truth...

You got put down on the floor by the staff and they took your weapon because the kiddies and mommies were screaming!!!

Glad to hear we have a backup in case Denny's kick's us out! LOL
Denny's won't kick us out. We've met at that Denny's a few times before. I think they like having us there, it keeps the riff raff out. Last time I was there for an OC meet, a couple of thuggish looking guys came up to the window, looked, got real wide eyed and skedaddled.

killchain

imported post

Kind of off topic, but I recently met a cockatoo named Mojo.

He's a butthole. He tries to bite anyone who attempts to feed him treats or clean his cage. I want to adopt him. :p

Trigger Dr

imported post

I used to date a yellow headed, big chested amazon, until her brother found out I was a trying to clip her wings.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I was just in the Lakewood OCB on Sunday the 15th. Nary a word was said while we were there. Cool thing was I met a former employee of mine from 11 years ago that stopped by to say hi. Her words " I didn't think it was you at first when I saw the gun...."

In other news....
A young punk gets on a bus and sits down in directly across from an old man. The young punk has spiked green, purple and orange hair. His clothing is a tattered mix of leather rags. His entire face and body are covered with piercings and his earrings are big, bright red, yellow and green feathers.

The old man stares at the young punk as the bus travels across the city.

Finally, the punk looks across at the old man, and yells, "What are you looking at, old man! Didn't you do anything wild when you were young?"

Without missing a beat, the old man replies, "Yeah. Back when I was very young and in the Navy, I got really drunk in Singapore and had sex with a parrot... I thought you might be my son."

Glock17

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
- Thumbs up for the crew at Old Country Buffet in the Lakewood Town Center

- Thumbs up to the crew at Port Orchard Parrots .

;)Bat
Thanks for the info. I am glad you had a great experience here in Lakewood. I hope to see some of you at the Dennys tommorow. Too bad they probably couldn't allow Polly to come in. That would be interesting. Cheers