• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is your local range?

follker

imported post

Marksman on Canyon in Puyallup.

12 lanes, 8.50 range fee (military $10 otherwise)

80ish rental guns ($12)

One time fee to get a range card ($12+ 15 min of 'training' range rules basicly)

ear and eye protection available (like $2-3)

lots of targets, ($.25-$2)

Lots of guns to make you go broke too, gunsmith on site.

Training, and leagues as well (dont know much about this yet)

.45ACPaddy

imported post

When I'm in the mood for an indoor range I go to the Marksman. Though when I was there it was $10 for the range safety orientation, $10.50 for the range fee (covers 2 people on Mondays), and $10 for rental (free on Wednesdays). They haven't charged me for eyes and ears when I've needed them.

Otherwise it's Capitol Forest for me.

amzbrady

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
When I'm in the mood for an indoor range I go to the Marksman. Though when I was there it was $10 for the range safety orientation, $10.50 for the range fee (covers 2 people on Mondays), and $10 for rental (free on Wednesdays). They haven't charged me for eyes and ears when I've needed them.

Otherwise it's Capitol Forest for me.

I go to marksman too when I make it up. Do they charge anyone for eyes and ears? I never have been. I CC in and shoot and reload and CC out, only thing I carry in is extra ammo. They dont seem to hip on OC, one guy there told me that it too big a gray area when I asked if they wanted some fliers since I didnt see any there. I did see Daves book in the gun rental cabinet though.

Edited to add: the guy that told me OC was tobig a gray area, was OC in the store.

Metalhead47

imported post

Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association

http://www.cwsaonline.org/

$60/year, 15/25/50/75-ish foot pistol range, 100 & 200 yard rifle ranges, bowling pin & falling plate 22LR ranges, skeet range & a patterning board (I think). Not quite "out in the boonies" freedom but pretty low key, 'police yourself' attitude (no douchey range masters).

Trigger Dr

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
I'd love to go out in the trees and shoot but I have no clue where I can go =(
Any back alley....oops that is what Brady Bunch thinks.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Any back alley....oops that is what Brady Bunch thinks.

As long as you are well away from restricted areas, Houses, people, pets farm animals, etc and outside city limits it is generally ok. Make sure you have a backdrop too.

I would just to be on the safe side check with your local Sheriff, mine said as long I met the above requirements I am good to go.

massivedesign

imported post

Capitol Forest, small little pit way up in the boon's... or, if I need a quick fix, I'll head out to the Triangle Pit.

Weather is of no concern, I got me one of them thar canopy thingies...

Aryk45XD

imported post

I usually pop in Champion Arms since it's down the street and on the way home from work. Recently I have been making the drive out to Olympia to the pits on the weekend. If anybody knows of a closer place for free shooting near Renton or Kent, please let me know.

Metalhead47

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
If you're willing to drive up here, I'm willing to show.
Sedro Wooley area? My wife & I spent a couple of weekends trying to find a shooting spot out that way, but it looked like the stump humpers had closed all the roads. :banghead:

PoppaGary

imported post

Belong to the Clark Rifles out on Larch Mt...have 100 yd small caliber/site-in, pistol and 100, 200, & 300 range. It is semi-private and hold regular matches.

We also go in to the woods on same mountain or, if shooting with friends from OR, drive half-way out to the coast on OR 26. There is a great old quarry we shoot at.

For just shotguns, I drive to the end of Lower River Rd past Vancouver Lk (old time dragstrip) and shoot away.

Also a member of the Place to Shoot in Portland, but haven't been there for a while. It has gun rentals and about 30 lanes, but youhave to use their ammo and targets.

When ever we go to the woods we help clean up the areas when done.

Gary

69Charger

imported post

Marksman
Tacoma Sportsman's club
BullsEye.

Dave

Matt85

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:

onley nice spot i know of to shoot out in the woods nere everett would be darrington.

these days i shoot at Sam's on airport road in everett. its a nice lil range once all the range masters get to know you. (they can be kinda rude to strangers)

-matt