• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is your local range?

onlurker

imported post

Matt85 wrote:

these days i shoot at Sam's on airport road in everett. its a nice lil range once all the range masters get to know you. (they can be kinda rude to strangers)
I wouldn't say rude, maybe a bit brash (the taller guy mostly) but not something that turned me away when I first started going. The older gentleman that totes around (OC) what I believe to be a 1911 has always been very courteous and helpful though.

kito109654

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
I'd love to go out in the trees and shoot but I have no clue where I can go =(
If you're willing to drive up here, I'm willing to show.
Sedro Wooley area? My wife & I spent a couple of weekends trying to find a shooting spot out that way, but it looked like the stump humpers had closed all the roads. :banghead:
I go up to the Rockport area, another 40 minutes but there are several good places to go for whatever kind of shooting you're into.

jbone

imported post

The Great outdoors.If forced, or last resort I'll goNorpointin Arlington.

aktion

imported post

Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned yet - mine is Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club, located on Seabeck Highway in Bremerton. Just officially joined this morning, as a matter of fact. Shot there several times over the years, but now with more time on my hands, I'll be there weekly, if not more. This mornings range session certainly illustrated the fact that I have more to learn and plenty of room to improve.

Some of the reasons I like KRRC -
They don't have a 'only shoot every three seconds' sort of rule I've seen at other ranges in Western Washington. Some of us are training for self defense, after all.

No limit to magazine capacity. Some of us spent good money on mag fed weapons, and want to practice with said feature, not be relegated to semi-auto single shot weapon. Again, some of us are training for self defense.

No Drill Instructor pretensions. Enough said.

They don't call themselves a 'Sportsmans Club'. My primary reason for owning weapons is for self defense and the defense of my country. The sporting side is, to me, an enjoyable secondary function. The name 'Sportsmans Club' may suit others, but does not embody my view of firearms. My humble opinion.

Lastly, I realized that by supporting my local range, I am supporting an activity and people who share some of my core values, as well. Happy to do it.:)

joeroket

imported post

Inferno wrote:
SPAA in S. Seattle. http://www.spaarange.com/

Huge place, all outdoor, shooting stations are covered with the exception of the shotgun range.  Friendly staff and LEOs willing to give advice or just chat while.  I also make it out to Renton Fish and Game Club from time to time.

A buddy of mine is a member at SPAA and I have gone there a couple of times with him. Great range and great atmosphere, I just wish it was closer to me.

My range of choice for indoor is Norpoint.

IMChuc9775

imported post

I use Bullseye in Tacoma as my indoor range and go to Olypia to shoot in the gravel pit as my outdoor range.

Long time ago I went toTacoma Sportsman's Club but I heard they changed their non member fees to charge for each gun? Is that true?