• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in the City Henderson Parks

Big-Iron

imported post

City of Henderson Parks

Does anybody know if there has been and change in Henderson's ordinance on OC and CCW permits in the park confines? Below it states there shall be NO firearms permitted on the grounds. It would include the parking lot also..

8.99.030 RULES AND REGULATIONS REGARDING
USE OF PARKS AND PARK FACILITIES
A. The following rules and regulations shall apply to all Parks and Park
Facilities within the City of Henderson. All parks shall be open from
6:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight daily, unless otherwise posted. No
person shall be in a Park or Park Facility between midnight and 6
a.m. without the express written authorization of the Director of
Parks and Recreation or his designated representative.
B. The express written authorization of the Director of Parks and
Recreation or his designated representative is required for the
following activities in a Park or Park Facility:

M. No firearms, archery, paint ball weapons, air guns, BB guns, or like
devices shall be allowed in a Park or Park Facility.
:banghead:

The Big Guy

imported post

I have noticed that some parks in Henderson are posted, some are not. It has been in my roundtoit file for some time to write to the City Attorney and Chief of Police to ask their official position. I was kind of waiting for the answer from the NV AG's office regarding Clark County parks. If the answer from the AG is favorable then that is some good ammo to use against Henderson as well. If the answer is not favorable, then most likely I would be wasting my time. At that point we would have to look to the NV legislature to clarify preemption.
BG