• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have anything they want to sell [or trade]

RockStrongo

imported post

Anyone have anything they want to get rid of? I'm looking for a full sized 1911 like a Kimberor Springfield, a Beretta 92, or a small .380; like aWalther PPK or a Kel-Tec. Don't have a whole lot to spend so I cant buy your brand new $1600 Kimber, sorry. Also willing to trade. I have a barley used Sarsilmaz O/U 12 ga with full and modified chokes. Shot skeet with it twice, only has maybe 50 shells through it. Also have a Star PD .45 in great conditionI would be willing to let go. Anthing else you might have that you don't want, let me know.

fozzy71

imported post

I have an almost new Para GI Expert 1911 I would be willing to sell. I bought it a week ago and put 120 rounds through it the other day. 100 rounds of Sellier & Bellot FMJ and 20 rounds of Winchester PDX1 BHP. Not a single FTE or FTF. Slide locked back at the end of every mag.

It was a bit of an impulse buy as I wanted an inexpensive 1911. In hindsight, I probably shouldnt be buying new guns until I save up and buy another car. :(

You can PM me if interested.

ParaGIExpert1a4r2.jpg

ParaGIExpert1a8-r.jpg

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
I have an almost new Para GI Expert 1911 I would be willing to sell. I bought it a week ago and put 120 rounds through it the other day. 100 rounds of Sellier & Bellot FMJ and 20 rounds of Winchester PDX1 BHP. Not a single FTE or FTF. Slide locked back at the end of every mag.

It was a bit of an impulse buy as I wanted an inexpensive 1911. In hindsight, I probably shouldnt be buying new guns until I save up and buy another car. :(

You can PM me if interested.

ParaGIExpert1a4r2.jpg

ParaGIExpert1a8-r.jpg
how much?

fozzy71

imported post

Cuz now that I shot a 1911 I want to sell both my cheaper guns and get a 1k+ 1911. The decocker on my FNP9 is too similar to the thumb safety of 1911. I can see it being a problem to be proficient with each so I don't use my thumb wrong way.

sevenplusone

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
Cuz now that I shot a 1911 I want to sell both my cheaper guns and get a 1k+ 1911. The decocker on my FNP9 is too similar to the thumb safety of 1911. I can see it being a problem to be proficient with each so I don't use my thumb wrong way.

WoooHoooo....another Convert.

1911's really are that great. A good one is totally worth it too. It may not seem like it at first, but they are just so versatile. I own lots of different guns and have shot 10x more, but 1911s are and will always be my favorite.

It's not exactly the modern edge of 1911's, but if the opportunity ever presents itself I'd be happy to let you try out my Dan Wesson CBob. It's the previous model before they switched to the "Valor Bob", but it does give some really good perspective on $1kish semi-custom guns. The newer DW's are even nicer, but I'm not sure I would trademine for one. It'd be hard for a new one to work its way into my heart the way this one did, and it's hard to let go a gun that has been so reliable. It wasn't just my first 1911, it was my first handgun altogether...and it's still my favorite. (Look at me, I'm gushing).

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82344

A short write-up I did on my CBob. (see also: shameless bragging)

choover

imported post

All this talk of new guns is making me think of selling my Browning Hi power practical :shock:

I haven't bought a new gun in about 6 months, feeling the itch :p

choover