• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed and Ready !!!

irishpunk

Banned
imported post

Jay here, I carry all the time (concealed) just started carrying open recently. Glock 21. Looking forward to meeting other "open carry" folk. Take care all 14/88.

killchain

imported post

y helo thar.

Welcome.

Ah another double stack .45ACP guy. Now I don't feel so alone. :p

EDIT: Wow, I missed that completely. What a d-bag. I don't support any of that crap the OP said... let's just forget I even welcomed that damn troll.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

irishpunk wrote:
Jay here, I carry all the time (concealed) just started carrying open recently. Glock 21. Looking forward to meeting other "open carry" folk. Take care all 14/88.

a term recognized by white supremists.

14 representing 14 words written by David Lane, "We must secure the existance of our people and a future for white children."

88 representing David Lane's 88 precepts, or sometimes the eighth letter in the alphabet (H), to represent Heil Hitler.
my father got '14/88' tattooed on his arm to advertize his white pride

NOT WHAT THIS GROUP IS ABOUT. YOU CAN STAY AWAY FROM ME.

Bob Warden

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
irishpunk wrote:

a term recognized by white supremists.

14 representing 14 words written by David Lane, "We must secure the existance of our people and a future for white children."

88 representing David Lane's 88 precepts, or sometimes the eighth letter in the alphabet (H), to represent Heil Hitler.
my father got '14/88' tattooed on his arm to advertize his white pride

NOT WHAT THIS GROUP IS ABOUT. YOU CAN STAY AWAY FROM ME.
Ditto what gogodawgs said. Sad...

69Charger

imported post

Not good. :(
Any mention of this subject at Dennys, you will be asked to leave.
BY ME.
Dave.
SGT USMC

amzbrady

imported post

69Charger wrote:
Not good. :(
Any mention of this subject at Dennys, you will be asked to leave.
BY ME.
Dave.
SGT USMC
I dont agree with the white supremecy thing, but hopefully no one is predjudice about guns and asks you to leave.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
Well my wife and children are of mix race so you can imagine what im thinking....:cuss:

Me too.

I am 1/4 native american, 1/4 irish, 1/4 welsh, german, english, rom.....

My wife is 1/2 polynesian, 1/2 asian. My step son 1/2 haitian, half his mom.

My other 2 kids by my ex are 1/2 me and half asian.

I don't tolerate A-holes like this. I didn't know what 14/88 was thanks for letting us know. Another good reason for me to always be armed.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
tat2ed_guy wrote:
Well my wife and children are of mix race so you can imagine what im thinking....:cuss:

Me too.

I am 1/4 native american, 1/4 irish, 1/4 welsh, german, english, rom.....

My wife is 1/2 polynesian, 1/2 asian. My step son 1/2 haitian, half his mom.

My other 2 kids by my ex are 1/2 me and half asian.

I don't tolerate A-holes like this. I didn't know what 14/88 was thanks for letting us know. Another good reason for me to always be armed.

I am naturally curious and suspicious of everything. Google is my friend. When I get chain emails and other such nonsense sent to me I google it and try to discover what it is and what it means. I thought that this was an odd thing to see as a 'call sign.' Therefore, I googled it and was...well....taken aback. I always say expose the truth and let the pieces fall where they may.

amzbrady

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
I knew I had recognized that from somewhere. Friendly advice: you probably do not want to meet me.
Actually you would probably be the best person for them to meet. Anit gun people can be taught and I think so can racist's. If you stop a future mother and father from being rascist, then you have also stopped a future child from being rascist. Sometimes kindness and some education go along way. I keep thinking back to a picture I saw once ( it looked like a fake, but it was for awarness) it showed a clansmen, in the ER surrounded by African Amercian doctors and nurses, showing they put their hate aside to do their job. I think better things can be done to co exist and get past our discrepencies.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I tend to be naturally trusting of people and didn't think anything of the call sign. :banghead:

Lot's of people use pseudonyms online. Example Sylvia Plath. We all know about her, her experience and know that she is a good gal. However, it is not her real name, the real Sylvia Plath is an American poet. That is a pretty common thing to do, I assume our Sylvia enjoys the other Sylvia's poetry. Now we have a bit of some insight into one of our fellow 2A supporter.

My gogodawgs is in support of my university, I am a proud alum of the UW, Husky Marching Band Alum and all things purple. Yours is easy to figure out. Others require the google!

Aryk45XD

imported post

I used to believe in changing peoples morals, but gave up after years in GA. Being military in the boonies and volunteering in the community was overlooked more often by my skin tone. I still have no problem doing good for my fellow man, but I doubt people will want to change their beliefs unless something dramatic in their life happens.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
I knew I had recognized that from somewhere. Friendly advice: you probably do not want to meet me.
Actually you would probably be the best person for them to meet. Anit gun people can be taught and I think so can racist's. If you stop a future mother and father from being rascist, then you have also stopped a future child from being rascist. Sometimes kindness and some education go along way. I keep thinking back to a picture I saw once ( it looked like a fake, but it was for awarness) it showed a clansmen, in the ER surrounded by African Amercian doctors and nurses, showing they put their hate aside to do their job. I think better things can be done to co exist and get past our discrepencies.
While I agree with the ability to educate 'hate' out of people. I do not think that this would be the proper venue. These discussions can get quiet intense. Th OCDO crowd has a different purpose when we are in public and focusing on our primary goal is enough without confusing a casual observer who would stumble upon our group. Remember, our right to peaceably assemble as a private group also includes the right to exclude those whom we so choose. In addition, we should be respectful of 69Charger and Denny's.

Aryk45XD

imported post

+1
:::snip:::gogodawgs wrote:
These discussions can get quiet intense.  Th OCDO crowd has a different purpose when we are in public and focusing on our primary goal is enough without confusing a casual observer who would stumble upon our group.  Remember, our right to peaceably assemble as a private group also includes the right to exclude those whom we so choose.  In addition, we should be respectful of 69Charger and Denny's.

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

Interesting that we didn't see a rebuttal by irishpunk. That says volumes in it's self.

I'm a mut of sorts. MostlyBlack Irish,Welsh and asmall part Cherokee.To quote my Great, Great Grandfather "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."