• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why OPEN Carry!

1245A Defender

imported post

written by american sheep dog, in the michigan forum..

This is why I only Open Carry! It helps to remove the necessity to brandish my sidearm because a possible assailant already knows I'm ready to defend. If Open Carry is not enough to deter, then I know the stakes are high, and that the assailant is not concerned at all with my safety. The threat level has just been raised dramatically.
So, to end, Open Carry can be construed to be somewhat of a brandishing, without brandishing! It is a awesome deterrent! but always remember that no form of carry is 100% effective, and no form of shoot, don't shoot policy can be transferred to every scenario. Be careful when pointing and shooting based on the belief that, if I pull it, I must shoot it. This will burn you! What if he turns his back as you pull it and point it? Do we shoot someone in the back based on an entrenched shoot, don't shoot policy? Take care to review this policy. I only wish for you not to have to defend yourself in court based on this policy.
God speed!