• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mexico President felipe Calderron tells Congress to reinstate Assualt Weapons Ban

Michigander

imported post

A reinstatement of the assault weapons ban, in my opinion, would be something that should be quietly ignored. It would be a good reason to get good at TIG welding magazines together, and perhaps machining flash suppressors and other potentially re banned items. Further measures than that, such as turn them all in bans, would arguably bring up a need for talks of a new revolution, because violent or otherwise it would probably be time for the the US government to be altered or abolished.

Then again it would also be a good reason to move to one of the free states that has passed 10th Amendment gun laws.

In regards to Alex Jones, considering the fact that probably at least 50% of what he says is lunatic garbage, I would suggest using more credible sources, especially for an opening post. I respect the fact that he snuck in to the Bohemian Grove and recorded what he saw, and I also respect the fact that he relentlessly has followed the Builderberg meetings. But if we are going to be honest, he is a raving lunatic who says the first thing that comes to his mind as long as he thinks it will get people to send him money. :?

DFitz

imported post

Congress is not going to re-instate the Assault Weapons Ban because that thing was a useless piece of paper. I had the chance to look up some info on it for a project a few months ago. The ban only banned like 2% of all long rifles and so called "Assault Weapons". And did nothing to curtail "street" or "gang" voilence like the act was suppose to do.
Mexican cartels were still importing thousands of weapons from the US when the ban was in placed. So, what's could Congress's point be of re-instating the ban that did almost nothing.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

DFitz wrote:
Congress is not going to re-instate the Assault Weapons Ban because that thing was a useless piece of paper. I had the chance to look up some info on it for a project a few months ago. The ban only banned like 2% of all long rifles and so called "Assault Weapons". And did nothing to curtail "street" or "gang" voilence like the act was suppose to do.
Mexican cartels were still importing thousands of weapons from the US when the ban was in placed. So, what's could Congress's point be of re-instating the ban that did almost nothing.
DFitz... first, Welcome!... Although you speak from "logic", this sadly means nothing to the anti's. Just think of the gun laws which do nothing to combat any of the stated "reasons" for passing them. The real reason any of these are passed is that they are "feel good" measures which operate from the emotional need to feel like something was done to combat a supposed problem.