Thread: carrying loaded mags

Post imported post

I was wondering are you able to carry loaded mags in the same case with your unloaded gunwhen its locked? I was talking to some buddies from work lastnight and one said your not and the other said theres a blackhole when it comes to that subject. so I though id comeask some people who are actualy sure about it.

Post imported post

Long story short you are able to keep both in the same container as long as the magazine is not inside the gun. I asked the same question at one point please see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/34323.html this should answer your questions.

Carry on!
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Post imported post

hey i have another ?. I hear the firearm cant be within arms reach. so if its in a locked container and i put it on the passanger side floor that should be ok right? im alittle confused on the within arms reach thing. like if im sitting or if i reach over to try and grab it.

Post imported post

halo6941 wrote:
    hey i have another ?. I hear the firearm cant be within arms reach. so if its in a locked container and i put it on the passanger side floor that should be ok right? im alittle confused on the within arms reach thing. like if im sitting or if i reach over to try and grab it.
    Although the 'arms reach' thing is quite often even believed by LEOs, ordinarily there are no laws about proximity of a firearm if you are a normal everyday upstanding citizen.

Post imported post

i'd like to see them enforce something like that if a person owned a smart car lol, the entire is the length of an arm lol
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Post imported post

Chrisc411 wrote:
    i'd like to see them enforce something like that if a person owned a smart car lol, the entire is the length of an arm lol
    hahaha that is true. thanks guys

Post imported post

the arms reach rules are case decisions regarding how far le can search from an arrested person, or a probationer/ parolee contacted at a location they have no standing.

Post imported post

halo6941 wrote:
    you can tape a locked case to your head if you want. Arms reach regarding weapons transporting is a BS story that spread really well.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.