• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carrying loaded mags

halo6941

imported post

I was wondering are you able to carry loaded mags in the same case with your unloaded gunwhen its locked? I was talking to some buddies from work lastnight and one said your not and the other said theres a blackhole when it comes to that subject. so I though id comeask some people who are actualy sure about it.

halo6941

imported post

hey i have another ?. I hear the firearm cant be within arms reach. so if its in a locked container and i put it on the passanger side floor that should be ok right? im alittle confused on the within arms reach thing. like if im sitting or if i reach over to try and grab it.

mjones

imported post

halo6941 wrote:
hey i have another ?. I hear the firearm cant be within arms reach. so if its in a locked container and i put it on the passanger side floor that should be ok right? im alittle confused on the within arms reach thing. like if im sitting or if i reach over to try and grab it.
Although the 'arms reach' thing is quite often even believed by LEOs, ordinarily there are no laws about proximity of a firearm if you are a normal everyday upstanding citizen.

Chrisc411

imported post

i'd like to see them enforce something like that if a person owned a smart car lol, the entire is the length of an arm lol

hnsfndr

imported post

the arms reach rules are case decisions regarding how far le can search from an arrested person, or a probationer/ parolee contacted at a location they have no standing.

dirtykoala

imported post

halo6941 wrote:

you can tape a locked case to your head if you want. Arms reach regarding weapons transporting is a BS story that spread really well.