Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: which is better

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ontario, California, USA
    Posts
    67

    Post imported post

    whats everyones thoughts on which is better. Forbus or serpa

  2. #2
    Regular Member younggun20's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ogden, Utah, USA
    Posts
    276

    Post imported post

    If you mean Fobus, I would say depends on what you want it for, When I CC I use my fobus majority of the time. Less retention than the Serpa. But for OC i would say the Serpa

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ontario, California, USA
    Posts
    67

    Post imported post

    well for the range and open carry. I wanna get my CCW but ya we all know how much of a long shot that is

  4. #4
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    Post imported post

    I CC in leather (Galco IWB or SideSnapScabbard), and OC in a Serpa CQC.

    Both choices were made for their comfort, stability, speed and security.


    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    my opinion is that both are terrible.

    Go with Safariland. SWAT, Police, ATF, FBI, military, most civilian contractors, etc. use Safariland.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lattimore, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    Double post. Sorry...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lattimore, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    I started out with a Fobus but because of the retention, I bought a Serpa for my Ruger P95. It came with belt/paddle interchangeable kit for $36 delivered.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ontario, California, USA
    Posts
    67

    Post imported post

    anyamaboy wrote:
    I started out with a Fobus but because of the retention, I bought a Serpa for my Ruger P95. It came with belt/paddle interchangeable kit for $36 delivered.
    problem is I found that spera doesn make a holster for the PT-145

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lattimore, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    halo6941 wrote:
    anyamaboy wrote:
    I started out with a Fobus but because of the retention, I bought a Serpa for my Ruger P95. It came with belt/paddle interchangeable kit for $36 delivered.
    problem is I found that spera doesn make a holster for the PT-145
    They just recently came out with one for the Ruger P95.

    I have read that the blackhawk serpa for sigpro 2022 works good for the PT145. Someone even posted a picture of theirs. Actually, I found 2 links from 2 different forums:

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/15844.html

    http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/in...?topic=10487.0

    Hope this helps!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ontario, California, USA
    Posts
    67

    Post imported post

    anyamaboy wrote:
    halo6941 wrote:
    anyamaboy wrote:
    I started out with a Fobus but because of the retention, I bought a Serpa for my Ruger P95. It came with belt/paddle interchangeable kit for $36 delivered.
    problem is I found that spera doesn make a holster for the PT-145
    They just recently came out with one for the Ruger P95.

    I have read that the blackhawk serpa for sigpro 2022 works good for the PT145. Someone even posted a picture of theirs. Actually, I found 2 links from 2 different forums:

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/15844.html

    http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/in...?topic=10487.0

    Hope this helps!
    yes it does thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •