• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

in state firearm transfer

Pagan

imported post

Well I bought a Romanian AK from a guy like 3 hours away, from GunBroker, and he sent it via UPS yesterday and it is scheduled for delivery today:celebrate. I only paid 500 for it. It has the dimpled reciever, side mounted optics rail, cleaning rod, bayonet, pistol grip, and wood stock set. I believe the barrel is threaded also, if not it will be!

And he said the front sight block was straight and not canted like the Wasr's are famous for, so I dopn't think it's a Wasr, hell might be pre-ban, either way, I think it was a good deal, I was gonna get a PLR-16 but decided the AK was more practical. Now I'm on the hunt for a new generation P95... anybody?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Pagan wrote:
Well I bought a Romanian AK from a guy like 3 hours away, from GunBroker, and he sent it via UPS yesterday and it is scheduled for delivery today:celebrate. I only paid 500 for it. It has the dimpled reciever, side mounted optics rail, cleaning rod, bayonet, pistol grip, and wood stock set. I believe the barrel is threaded also, if not it will be!

And he said the front sight block was straight and not canted like the Wasr's are famous for, so I dopn't think it's a Wasr, hell might be pre-ban, either way, I think it was a good deal, I was gonna get a PLR-16 but decided the AK was more practical. Now I'm on the hunt for a new generation P95... anybody?
Gee...It's a shame you're not excited about it.:celebrate

Pagan

imported post

Here is my "mail order" gun,lol.

RomAK.jpg