• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ray Stevens on illegal immigration

mzbk2l

imported post

Wrong forum.

From the OCDO rules:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks![/font]

mzbk2l

imported post

Or you could have enough respect to follow the guidelines set out by the people who set this playground up for us. I enjoy most of your contributions, but lately the AZ forum has seemed pretty busy with topics that don't relate much (or at all) to open carry.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

How about this then? Because of all the illegals coming into this country, through AZ, we need to REALLY spread the OC movement. Because of all the illegal immigrants, we have never had more of a need to OC then right now. We as American Citizens need to demonstrate openly with our American Flags and Guns on our hips.

Hows that for relative?

TOF

imported post

I can assure you the people in close proximity to the Arizona border see concealed and/or open carry to be tightly interwoven with the border security issue. The Illegal Invaders are without question a border security issue. I am quite a distance from the border but carry in part because of the running gun battles throughout the state between Invaders and other invaders or law enforcement elements.

It all ties together whether you like it or not.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TOF wrote:
I can assure you the people in close proximity to the Arizona border see concealed and/or open carry to be tightly interwoven with the border security issue. The Illegal Invaders are without question a border security issue. I am quite a distance from the border but carry in part because of the running gun battles throughout the state between Invaders and other invaders or law enforcement elements.

It all ties together whether you like it or not.
+1

People who actually have to live in it know damn well how relevant it is.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Guys, I also believe it's relevant, but it is probably not "clearly, presentlyand directly" relevant and so therefore, not OC/firearms related...as per the 'teachings' of our (self-appointed?) OT police here. Consequently, expect this thread to be locked (like the Letter to Gov Brewer from Wisconsin thread here in the AZ sub-forum).

Bewarethe OT police...and ICE!

But on second thought, apparently we have little to fear from ICE. After all, that's the main reason there is a Border problem!

-- John D.

mzbk2l

imported post

1) I live closer to the border than the people in this thread who are pointing out that people "close to the border know how important OC is." Proximity to the border is very low on the list of reasons I open carry.

2) I've probably done more to support building fences, reporting and deporting illegals, and getting laws passed in support of those objectives than most of the people complaining on this thread.

3) I've open carried, I've sterile open carried (which may be in jeopardy with Arizona's new law), and I come here to share information on those topics, not illegal immigration.

4) Don't get pissy just because someone had the temerity to point out that there are rules here that most people take the time to follow.

TOF

imported post

mzbk21, you can simply click the unwatch button if this thread stresses you out so severely. From my perspective you are the one pissing up a tree. You are bound to get wet if you do that.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

He can't do that, he's obsessed with being an OT cop.

So I suggested he just admit it, ask to be a Mod and be done with it. Then instead of him just being an annoying jerk as he is now, he'll be an annoying jerk Mod. But at least he'd be legal instead of doing impersonations.

-- John D.

mzbk2l

imported post

TOF wrote:
mzbk21, you can simply click the unwatch button if this thread stresses you out so severely. From my perspective you are the one pissing up a tree. You are bound to get wet if you do that.
You're probably right, TOF. The Arizona forum used to be a place for some pretty good info, until we became the envy of the nation with our new law and everyone not from here decided to chime in with their opinions on it.

I'd just like to see us get back to where we were, and let those other people go fix their own states.

They've got some catching up to do! :D

TOF

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
TOF wrote:
You're probably right, TOF. The Arizona forum used to be a place for some pretty good info, until we became the envy of the nation with our new law and everyone not from here decided to chime in with their opinions on it.

I'd just like to see us get back to where we were, and let those other people go fix their own states.

They've got some catching up to do! :D
The fact we have the Nation discussing our problem is a positive in my opinion. It is of sufficient importance to be a point of discussion on every forum I participate in whatever the main thrust of said forum. When visiting relatives in Vail or Benson I definitely carry and weather conditions typically dictate open carry. Carrying is in my mind very tightly associated with invaders passing through my area of residence on a routine basis.

It is in the best interest of our State and Nation that our borders be secured or we will be carrying in our hands with smoke exiting the barrels on a routine basis.

It is in the best interest of the individuals coming to Arizona through the desert stacked like cord wood under plywood or carpeting in pickup trucks that we secure the border and establish a realistic method of handling migrant workers in reasonable manner.

As many have said but are typically discounted, I am not against immigration I am against Illegal immigration.

Now, if a moderator believes this post of mine to be out of order please so advise me. Until so advised I will consider it to be within the forum guidelines.

crisisweasel

imported post

invaders.png