• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Strange conversation with Oakland Deputy

choover

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
choover wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
1991?:quirky

similar to this but with a different hammer

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=169943346

I am not seeing why the eye roll? I've had it several years and several thousand rounds through it trouble free

Of course if I were you I would not get a clip draw, you have to be able to concealed carry to use it :lol:
I think he suspected a typo :-D
if that's the case I am gonna regret the last remark I made on that post :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

The problem I have with Mexican carry, it's pretty much the way most criminals carry their weapons. By having our weapons in holsters, we make people stop and think. "Is s/he a cop? or what?" Mexican carry on the other hand, sends a very different signal.

But, if that's the way any of you prefer to carry, to each, his or her own.

autosurgeon

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
The problem I have with Mexican carry, it's pretty much the way most criminals carry their weapons. By having our weapons in holsters, we make people stop and think. "Is s/he a cop? or what?" Mexican carry on the other hand, sends a very different signal.

But, if that's the way any of you prefer to carry, to each, his or her own.
A would second this!

sevenplusone

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
There is a model 1911 of 1991. Thus, a Colt 1991. It was a bit of a play on numbers that Colt did that year. It's a decent model (series 80 I believe).
Springfield had a 1991 A1 also!
I did not know that. I only knew about Colt's. Learn something new every day.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
There is a model 1911 of 1991. Thus, a Colt 1991. It was a bit of a play on numbers that Colt did that year. It's a decent model (series 80 I believe).
Unless your me, then you know everything already :lol:......sorry, couldnt help myself :p

sevenplusone

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
Unless your me, then you know everything already :lol:......sorry, couldnt help myself :p
Every time I think I've gotten to that point my wife reminds me otherwise ;)

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
American Boy With a Gun wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
Every time I think I've gotten to that point my wife reminds me otherwise ;)
Makes me certain that AmBoy isn't married:uhoh:;).springerdave.