• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rifle Purchase for 18 yo

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Alright, so if i wanted to buy a rifle from ehhh, say Pat....Just an example....if i wanted to buy pats awesome rifle that he was selling at a great price....would i need state ID to do that?

as it turns out....getting an id is a huge PITA and is taking longer than i expected :(

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

No license, hence needing the ID....its not THAT difficult, just alot more annoying than 1st thought,

and idk about other states, but in MI i dont think your allowed to have both a State ID AND a license, unless the license is invalid.....i think

DetroitBiker

imported post

What type of rifle are you looking for, plinking, varmit , Home defense ? And what price range are you planning to be in? If your looking for cheap shooting I would suggest a ruger 10/22. They are fun for plinking, and good practice for marksmenship.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

DetroitBiker wrote:
What type of rifle are you looking for, plinking, varmit , Home defense ? And what price range are you planning to be in? If your looking for cheap shooting I would suggest a ruger 10/22. They are fun for plinking, and good practice for marksmenship.
im looking at a model 60 over on MGO....

sevenplusone

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
DetroitBiker wrote:
I'm a 10/22 guy myself, but there's no shame in a Model 60.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
DetroitBiker wrote:
bought a Glenfield model 25 off my brother for a GREAT price lol....now....cheap 22 ammo???

sevenplusone

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
DetroitBiker wrote:
bought a Glenfield model 25 off my brother for a GREAT price lol....now....cheap 22 ammo???
Interestingly that will be the trick. Even though it's .22 'long rifle' most places consider it 'handgun ammunition' (like there is somehow a true difference.) Best bet is to have a friend buy you a few bricks worth at Walmart. Going rate is around $18.00-$20.00 for 525rds.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

lol, im getting like 200 rds from him, but i need a place to plink in SE michigan....anything??
how much you lookin to spend on a .22 ABWG
we got a brand new 10/22 with the laminated green yellow and orange wood stock at my store for 199.99