• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police shooting gone bad - and a video tape shows the police lied.

open4years

imported post

There was a fairly recent situation were I believe it was another "no knock" warrant. A flash-bang was thrown into the home and LE stormed into the home.

A 12 year old girl (resident of the house) was shot in the neck and she died. The police version is an officer struggled with a large female resident and his gun "went off."

When I heard this, I didn't believe it. LE and Military are trained to keep their trigger finger out of the trigger guard and parallel with the slide
so things like this won't happen.

But, the show "The First 48" were there filming all of what happened. The district attorney received a video tape from an unamed source. The video clearly shows that when the flash-bang was thrown into the house, a LEO fired one shot into the home! (WHY!!)

There were no weapons fired inside of the home, according to the video tape. This is one example of how beneficial the device in my "Record your SD shooting" post can be.

Can any of you tell me why a LEO would fire a shot into a home prior to entry when there were was not a threat? I believe the girl was laying down when she was shot. Perhaps others can fill in the location, etc., that I've forgotten.

I have one theory; The LEO had his finger on the trigger and when the flash-bang went off, his finger jerked. Which is exactly why they are to keep their finger off the trigger. This remains a mystery to me.

open4years

imported post

eye95 wrote:

My local paper revealed the police lie. It was from AP. I
first heard the original story, from my Mom, who watches CNN. A google search should reveal more. I believe the girl was 11.

I'll see if I can find the newspaper as I haven't thrown it away. Then, at the least, I can share the location, etc

open4years

imported post

eye95 wrote:

My local paper revealed the police lie. It was from AP. I
first heard the original story, from my Mom, who watches CNN. A google search should reveal more. I believe the girl was 11.

I'll see if I can find the newspaper as I haven't thrown it away. Then, at the least, I can share the location, etc.

Okay, it was the second paper I picked up! It isn't very long so I'll copy it here.

Headline reads:

"Attorney: Video shows cops firing into home"

"DETROIT (AP) -----An attorney for the family of a 7-year-old girl slain during a weekend raid at their Detroit home says video footage contradicts the police department's version of events.

Geoffrey Fieger (FI-ger) said Monday that footage shot by the A&E crime-reality show "The First 48" shows that police fired into the home after lobbing a flash grenade through a window.

He says that contradicts the police department's explanation that an officer's gun fired during a confronation with a resident inside the home.

Seven-year-old Aiyana Jones was shot in the neck and died.

Fieger says he viewed three to four minutes of footage but declined to say who showed it to him."

From the "The Valdosta Daily Times" Tuesday, May 18, 2010 issue, page 4A

open4years

imported post

donny wrote:
I assume you're referring to the recent incident in Detroit:

http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=52368

You posted while I was copying the article. At least I practiced my iPhone typing skills!

I got the size of the woman from Mom, usually a good source! She is a news junkie. Sorry about getting the age wrong. Next time I won't rely on my memory AND I'll post sources. I know to do that. My brain hasn't been right since the concussion and brain bleed.

Anyway, it's a tragic story and a mystery as to why they fired into the
home. I bet some LEO is torturing himself. Of course, the family has it worse - so young.

Tomahawk

imported post

eye95 wrote:
canadian wrote:
NEWS FLASH! COPS LIE!
News Flash! Some folks lie. Some folks don't.

Some cops lie. Some cops don't.

Nail the ones who do.
ANd also the ones who know they do, and cover for them. After you've weeded all of those ones out, tell me how many you have left. You can keep those.