• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Begger Stops Begging, When he spots my gun.

firefighter9158

imported post

Last week while getting gas at the Murphy station in Prairieville, A guy comes up to me (My weak side) and starts begging me for money so that he can get gas to make it to New Orleans. As i began to talk to him about what he's driving etc., I turn my strong side to him, He then spots my gun on my side and "freaks". Before i can say another word, he's GONE, Like disappeared !lol. After talking to the store manager, i find out that the guy is a local man. And he has been "working the customers" for cash. So if you happen to be in the Murphy/WalMart area in Prairieville beware of this guy and his scam. (w/m about 25-30y.o.a, buzzed hair cut)

charlie12

imported post

Wonderwhy the Store Manager did call LE if he was messing with customers.

I had a deal a couple weeks ago in the Walker Walmart parking lot. I was getting in my truck and a guy came walking my way wanting money. As he was trying to explain his dealas Iwas picking up my hand held scanner off the floor and Troop A started talking. He hauled butt and he never saw my gun. :lol:

4angrybadgers

imported post

Great story, backdraft. I've come across several of those "regulars" around my area, and they can be very persistent. Apparently he decided you weren't easy pickings. :D

marrero jeff wrote:
by troop A do you mean state troopers? and are you a state trooper?
He said he had a "hand-held scanner", so he may just have had a commercially available scanner radio tuned to the state police frequencies.

Superlite27

imported post

I have experienced one of the coolest cases of "panhandling" ever.

A few years a go, I was washing my truck in a car wash attached to a gas station. As I was towling off my truck, two "trailer parkish" girls approach me and asked:

Girls: "Hey, we're headed for such and such town and our car ran out of gas. Do you have a few bucks we could borrow to get some gas?"

Me: "What're you gonna put it in? Your pocket?"

Girls: "That's what we need money for. A gas can and some gas for our car."

Me: "How much do you want?"

Girls: "Just a couple of dollars will be fine."

Me: "Well, girls. You're in luck!"

I then reached into the bed of my truck and pulled out a full 5 gallon container of gasoline!

Me: "So, where's your car?"

Girls: "Oh, we wouldn't want to take yours. We just need a few bucks to get our own."

Me: "Oh, it's no problem girls! After all, since I'm so generous, I'll happily drive you to where you're parked, pour this FIFTEEN DOLLARS WORTH OF GAS into your car, and you'll even get a free ride on top of that so you won't have to walk all that way carrying a heavy can of gas."

Girls: "F$#^@ You! You &^&@*)*& $^&$ing *%#*%er *%#*%*er! Just give us some money!"

Me: But...I thought you needed gasoline? Here's $15 worth!"

They walked away cussing me out like I've never been cussed out before!

Uh huh. I don't know about you, but I'd take 5 gallons of free gas over a couple of dollar bills any day. Unless, of course, I had no use for gasoline.

Something tells me they were fibbing just a little.

tntorqu

imported post

Well, I came from fits indoor shooting range and i was pumping gas at the shell station before you get on I12. There this guy that came from up the street. He asked if i can give him a ride to slidell on gause blvd. I said what for. He stated that his car is at the shop. I stated yeah ill be glad to give you a ride. He was facing the left side of me when i was talking to him. While i was putting the nozzle up I showed him the side that had the gun on it. He said don't bother im just going to walk. I told him I really don't mind. He said its okay. He jetted like he seen a ghost.Hey I tried to help him even though i didnt believed him.

firefighter9158

imported post

Well there you go ! "The Proofs in The Pudding" Carrying a firearm on your person seems to be a "Good Thing", Because who knows what the intention of these people were ,when they walked up to us and started begging for money/ride/etc.. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Open Carry Is a Good Thing !!