Thread: Where to look for private sales in Wisconsin?

Post imported post

Hello. This strikes me as a potentially dumb question but I'll go with it anyway. When I lived in S.C., finding guns for private sale was as simple as opening up the newspaper. In fact, almost all the guns I bought when I lived there were from private sale. I would be relaxing at home on a Saturday, flipping through the listings of guns for sale (there were a lot of em!), pick up the phone, talk to the seller and if we could come to an agreement - we would meet up, hand over the cash and it was done.

For an impulse - I want what I want right now, type person like me, it was great.

So, today - Saturday, I have been browsing around, and I see that private sales are legal in Wisconsin with no need to go through an FFL dealer, but I don't know where to look. Is there an online or paper periodical that lists private sales? Or am I totally misinformed and its not legal?

Thanks

GB

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Private sales are totally legal in Wisconsin (for now at least...).

I do occasionally see postings in the classified ads, usually estate sale kind of stuff. I see flyers on the wall at the range all the time.

Post imported post

GuruBear wrote:
    Hello. This strikes me as a potentially dumb question but I'll go with it anyway. When I lived in S.C., finding guns for private sale was as simple as opening up the newspaper. In fact, almost all the guns I bought when I lived there were from private sale. I would be relaxing at home on a Saturday, flipping through the listings of guns for sale (there were a lot of em!), pick up the phone, talk to the seller and if we could come to an agreement - we would meet up, hand over the cash and it was done.

For an impulse - I want what I want right now, type person like me, it was great.

So, today - Saturday, I have been browsing around, and I see that private sales are legal in Wisconsin with no need to go through an FFL dealer, but I don't know where to look. Is there an online or paper periodical that lists private sales? Or am I totally misinformed and its not legal?

Thanks

GB

It is currently legal in Wisconsin but who knows for how long with the state government pushing a bill right now to outlaw it.

Anyway, I agree it is difficult to find any private firearm sales as you would in a newspaper down south. With that said all I can think of is attending the gun shows in this state. Private sales still occur there as well (for now). You can also peruse gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com and setup the search parameters for only Wisconsin.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

Hello and thanks for the replies. I will definitely be checking out the gun shows. Good to know my information is up to date, I was worried that the lack of private sales info meant that private sales were no more.

Thanks for the responses, I am really enjoying my day reading the posts on this forum. Some very intelligent discussion from informed people.

Have a great day!

Post imported post

Don't forget to check the local and regional weekly "Shopper Guides" - usually free at various stores and sometimes delivered. Our "guide" usually has more firearms for sale than the local Newspaper.

Post imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:

GuruBear wrote:

Thanks

GB

It is currently legal in Wisconsin but who knows for how long with the state government pushing a bill right now to outlaw it.

Anyway, I agree it is difficult to find any private firearm sales as you would in a newspaper down south. With that said all I can think of is attending the gun shows in this state. Private sales still occur there as well (for now). You can also peruse gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com and setup the search parameters for only Wisconsin.
    please let me know the bill number this is a problem as it is part of a first step towards firearm control/ i dowrite my local rep keith ripp on these matters but when you write feingold all you get is a canned response about 2a rights. lets find the bill and get everyone who is a wisconsin resident to write to their repas and senators

Post imported post

Gurubear: Don't forget the usual "gun shows" route. Lots of private sales happen there also. Was there something specific you are looking for?

Post imported post

GuruBear wrote:

Thanks

GB
    Private auctions in the localpaperhave proven to be a good place.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Post imported post

http://elitedealseeker.com will let you search a lot of the gun boards. The link below will search for WI or Wisconsin in the last 7 days, not much out there right now.

http://elitedealseeker.com/index.cgi...unction=Search

Post imported post

Gunbroker.com lot's of private sales on there & people from Wisconsin selling. I just did a face to face sale with a guy in Sheboygan.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Joat wrote: +1 to that! Just sold my AR to a guy from Shiocton, Armslist is a very cool site indeed!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset