Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there ANY gun friendly restaurants in Nothern Virginia?

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

My lady and I were hoping for a nice evening out, but were thwarted when she discovered many of the fine dining restaurants in Alexandria/Arlington were very OC unfriendly. Now while I understand we are only a month and change off of the concealed in ABC ON establishments, sometimes concealed just is not an option.

Can anyone that frequents the area point me towards some nice places for the next time we go out? This has about caused my hair to come out, and I need to hold onto as much as I can :P
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

I was just at Silver Diner by springfield mall today. Also been to a few places in Old Town with no issues. I was told Clydes off Seminary follows state rules but haven't tried it yet since when I go I am usually drinking.

Post imported post

Whitlow's is OC friendly.

Other than IHOP and Bob Evans, there's Amphora in Vienna, Luciano's in Oakton, most of the BBQs Famous BBQ, Champps in Reston.

Check out the Open Carry in NOVA thread, and also look for some topics titled Open Carry in Arlington...I know that there have been a few.

Here's one: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54

I'm sure others familiar with your area will be along to help.

Post imported post

I posted this on the VA forum last November. Though it might be of interest...

I had dinner Sunday night in Crystal City at the Hara Mesob Ethiopian Restaurant with family and friends.

http://www.harar-mesob.com/

I parked about 2 blocks away, walked up 23rd to the restaurant, had a MARVELOUS dinner, then walked my wife and stepdaughter back to their cars before heading out, caravan-style with my stepdaughter to drive home to NC.

I OC'd the entire time (since this restaurant serves alcohol, and it was too warm for a jacket anyway), and didn't get any comments or strange looks from anyone.

If you dig Ethiopian food, I can highly recommend this restaurant. In fact, as far as I know, it's the only place fans of Ethiopian food CAN carry in the DC metro area, since most of the other Ethiopian restaurants are in DC and MD. Parking is sort of odd (around the corner, and in back), but the food is great, the service is exemplary, and the atmosphere is cozy and intimate.

Hara Mesob--Crystal City VA -- A+ for OC!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I promised the owner I would plug his restaurant some months back. Now, I've got a chance to live up to the promise.

San Vito restaurant in Franklin Farms shopping center off Fairfax County Parkway at Franklin Farms Rd. Italian. Family atmosphere.

Great little restaurant. Prices are pretty reasonable for what you get. Meals are maybe $12-23.

I never pass up a chance to go there if I am in the area. Fortunately for my waistline, I am rarely in the area.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Go to Applebees in Centreville. As I've mentioned before, my sister works there, and the manager is a huge supporter of OC.

Post imported post

Great idea starting an OC friendly restaurant thread, OP.

Ledo's Pizza in Falls Church has good pizza, and is gun friendly.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Carmines Sterling

Giovannis Pizza Leesburg

Palios Leesburg

Teds Montana Grill Sterling

Buffalo Wing Factory, Sterling

Famous Daves Sterling

Joes Diner Sterling

Joes Pizza Sterling

IHOP Sterling

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

The Thai resturant beside cinema arts is oc friendly.

Post imported post

We have OC'd in several restaurants in Arlington (La Madeline, PF Changs...), Tyson's (Olive Garden, Legal Seafoods...), Annandale (Fuddruckers, Silverado...), Chantilly (Cici's, Chipotle, Famous Dave's BBQ, Texas Roadhouse...), Manassas (Lone Star, UNOs, Red Lobster...) ...
    (From: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/44736.html)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    My lady and I were hoping for a nice evening out, but were thwarted when she discovered many of the fine dining restaurants in Alexandria/Arlington were very OC unfriendly. Now while I understand we are only a month and change off of the concealed in ABC ON establishments, sometimes concealed just is not an option.

Can anyone that frequents the area point me towards some nice places for the next time we go out? This has about caused my hair to come out, and I need to hold onto as much as I can :P
    I have never OC'd anywhere in Arlington, having lived there for 24 years and escaping eleven years ago. It does surprise me to see there are some places there where members have OC'd without problems.

I don't go into Arlington but I certainly would be interested to see what you come up with in this thread. What about moving out to Falls Church (though that's just like Arlington I imagine)?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    I have never OC'd anywhere in Arlington, having lived there for 24 years and escaping eleven years ago. It does surprise me to see there are some places there where members have OC'd without problems.
    Why would you be surprised? Most restaurants have never thought about it one way or the other, and they follow the same pattern we see everywhere else in the state. As long as you look like you know what you are doing and bring your wallet they usually don't say anything.

Post imported post

I don't know where your are going, but I have not encountered any restaurants, except for an encounter with arogue shift manager at IHOP on the PWC Parkway at Hoadly Road, that have been Open Carry Unfriendly.

Perhaps it is different in the Northern part of Northern Virginia.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Why would you be surprised? Most restaurants have never thought about it one way or the other, and they follow the same pattern we see everywhere else in the state. As long as you look like you know what you are doing and bring your wallet they usually don't say anything.
    I agree 100%I live in Olde Towne and go to Arlington a couple times a week; not once has anyone said a thing to me. Not once. Same goes for Olde Towne, where I walk into King Street about 4 nights a week with zero incident. I've open carried at just about EVERY place there; from Red Mei to Union Street Grille to Five Guys -- not once has anyone said a thing.

..instead of asking if there are ANY gun friendly restaurants -- the better question would be to ask if there are any unfriendly restaurants.

Post imported post

Since virtually every place I go there is no problem with me open carrying, I see no reason to create lists upon lists of these establishments; unless, of course there is an unusual story to go along with them.

I would rather see Open Carry un-friendly businesses listed.

Post imported post

rugerdon wrote:
    Since virtually every place I go there is no problem with me open carrying, I see no reason to create lists upon lists of these establishments; unless, of course there is an unusual story to go along with them.

I would rather see Open Carry un-friendly businesses listed.
    http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html

What about moving out to Falls Church (though that's just like Arlington I imagine)?
    Falls Church would ban handguns in a heartbeat if they could.

Post imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
    We have OC'd in several restaurants in Arlington (La Madeline, PF Changs...), Tyson's (Olive Garden, Legal Seafoods...), Annandale (Fuddruckers, Silverado...), Chantilly (Cici's, Chipotle, Famous Dave's BBQ, Texas Roadhouse...), Manassas (Lone Star, UNOs, Red Lobster...) ...
    (From: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/44736.html)
    Fudds is now on the unfriendly list, btw.

Post imported post

Which Fudds?I have OC'ed at the one near PotomacMills Mall with no problems. Even when my Granddaughter's School Spirit Night was held there and the place was crawling with kids, there was no problem.

Post imported post

In addition to what has already been mentioned, here are other restaurants where I have comfortably carried openly:

Tyson's Corner:
    Chima
    Capital Grill
    Silver Diner
    McDonald's

Reston Town Center:

M&S Grill
    McCormick & Schmick's
    Uno's
    American Tap Room
    Mon Ami Gabi
    Uncle Julio's
    Big Bowl
    Clyde's
    Virtually every restaurant in Town Center except for Jackson's.

Reston:
    Santini's
    Ledo's
    Chili's
    Champp's
    Potbelly's
    Chipotle
    McDonald's
    Silver Diner

Herndon:
    Charcoal Kabob
    The Tortilla Factory
    Thai Luang
    Minerva
    Sorrento's
    Amphora
    Matsutake
    McDonald's

Sterling:
    Cheng's
    Aoba Sushi
    Chili's
    McDonald's

Ashburn:
    Anothai
    Red Robin
    Samurai Sushi
    The Original Steakhouse
    Clyde's
    Finnegan's
    Subway
    Blue Ridge Grill (note: had negative response at Leesbrug location, but Brambleton was fine)
    Five Guys
    Bertucci's
    Fuddrucker's (note: corporate has recently had issues with us; some franchises are OK.)
    Potbelly's

Leesburg:
    Can't think of any, except McDonald's. I had a negative response from the manager of Shenanigan's, the same night of the negative from Blue Ridge Grill. I've not spent much time dining *in* Leesburg, but there must be a few OC friendly restaurants there. I would expect Bob Evans to be one.

Mmmmm, I'm getting hungry now. I think I'll visit one of the above.

Post imported post

rugerdon wrote:
    Which Fudds?I have OC'ed at the one near PotomacMills Mall with no problems. Even when my Granddaughter's School Spirit Night was held there and the place was crawling with kids, there was no problem.
    All of them. Corporate went anti (or at least started to enforce their policy).

Too bad, 'cause I know quite a few of them liked our business.

Post imported post

I agree with the above poster almost all resturants are ok. I only started oc a month ago but eat out 6-10 times a week and have yet to have a problem (avoiding the list on vcdl site such as the malls)

I think an unfrendly list would be more useful

Post imported post

In Manassas VA.

OC friendly:
    Twin Lakes Chinese restaurant
    Adams Pizza
    Fosters Grille
    armorer & notary public for VA Arms Co FFL/SOT
    https://www.facebook.com/virginiaarmscompany

Post imported post

gotm4 wrote:
    In Manassas VA.

OC friendly:
    Adams Pizza
    Fosters Grille
    add to that

Casa Chimayo
    Hard Times Cafe (OCDO member )
    Logans Roadhouse

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    gotm4 wrote:
    In Manassas VA.

OC friendly:
    Adams Pizza
    Fosters Grille
    add to that

Casa Chimayo
    Hard Times Cafe (OCDO member )
    Logans Roadhouse
    Logan's is a NO-GO in Sterling now
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast