• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are there ANY gun friendly restaurants in Nothern Virginia?

nova

imported post

rugerdon wrote:
Which Fudds?I have OC'ed at the one near PotomacMills Mall with no problems. Even when my Granddaughter's School Spirit Night was held there and the place was crawling with kids, there was no problem.
All of them. Corporate went anti (or at least started to enforce their policy).

Too bad, 'cause I know quite a few of them liked our business.

conhntr

imported post

I agree with the above poster almost all resturants are ok. I only started oc a month ago but eat out 6-10 times a week and have yet to have a problem (avoiding the list on vcdl site such as the malls)

I think an unfrendly list would be more useful

nova

imported post

gotm4 wrote:
In Manassas VA.

OC friendly:
Twin Lakes Chinese restaurant
Adams Pizza
Fosters Grille
add to that

Casa Chimayo
Hard Times Cafe (OCDO member :cool:)
Logans Roadhouse

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
I have never OC'd anywhere in Arlington, having lived there for 24 years and escaping eleven years ago. It does surprise me to see there are some places there where members have OC'd without problems.
Why would you be surprised? Most restaurants have never thought about it one way or the other, and they follow the same pattern we see everywhere else in the state. As long as you look like you know what you are doing and bring your wallet they usually don't say anything.
Demographics. But then again, I wouldn't know I since I've never OC'd there. This is not to say I wouldn't.. just that I never have.

SouthernBoy

imported post

Mayday wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
I have never OC'd anywhere in Arlington, having lived there for 24 years and escaping eleven years ago. It does surprise me to see there are some places there where members have OC'd without problems.
Why would you be surprised? Most restaurants have never thought about it one way or the other, and they follow the same pattern we see everywhere else in the state. As long as you look like you know what you are doing and bring your wallet they usually don't say anything.

I agree 100%I live in Olde Towne and go to Arlington a couple times a week; not once has anyone said a thing to me. Not once. Same goes for Olde Towne, where I walk into King Street about 4 nights a week with zero incident. I've open carried at just about EVERY place there; from Red Mei to Union Street Grille to Five Guys -- not once has anyone said a thing.

..instead of asking if there are ANY gun friendly restaurants -- the better question would be to ask if there are any unfriendly restaurants.
This is indeed, good to hear for those areas. While I don't go into Arlington or Alexandria, or Falls Church for matter and that's were I am from, it is good to see you folks are having positive things to say.

SouthernBoy

imported post

nova wrote:
gotm4 wrote:
In Manassas VA.

OC friendly:
Twin Lakes Chinese restaurant
Adams Pizza
Fosters Grille
add to that

Casa Chimayo
Hard Times Cafe (OCDO member :cool:)
Logans Roadhouse
Add to that in Manassas:

Chinese Imperial
Costo (for their hot dog)
Wendy's at 66 and 234
Taco Bell at 234 and Sudley Manor
McDonald's diagonally across from the Mall
McDonald's at Balls Ford and 234
Great American Buffet
Beijing Gourmet
Both Foster's
Anthony's (north of Yorkshire)

Dreamer

imported post

I have OC'd in the Anita's in Fairfax on Lee Highway, and in Chantilly on Lee-Jackson, never a problem. Awesome food, great service, and OC-friendly.

Fenris

imported post

I have never had even a single question about it, not once in any restaurant. This despite the fact I'm usually flying solo, so it wouldn't cost them much to turn me out.

It will be interesting to see how OC friendly restauarnts are after July 1.

Here's a thought open carry in restaurants as often as possible now before we get the "Please cover it up sir." I think it's coming.

Fenris

imported post

The wife likes Costco and would be most displeased with me if I got us banned.

OC'ing gives anti's the easy opportunity to ban us without having to put up a sign. I am often reluctant to give them that chance.

SouthernBoy

imported post

ed wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Costo (for their hot dog)
That's another place that I "used" to OC without event until I saw all the stuff here on OCDO that it is corp policy to ban guns. I dont want to OC and ruin it for CC.
I read many of those postings, yet I have never had so much as a look at the Costco in Manassas. I would have expected the "greater/checker" to be the one who would do this if any one was going to say something. Also, I have not seen any signs posted though I have not gone out of me way to look for them. I tend to joke with the checkers when there just to make sure I am presenting a positive front for me and other OC'ers. In fact, I'm going there this morning.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ed what happened at the Logan's in Sterling? Logan's corporate office was one that indicated it would not post "no guns" signs in Tennessee last year when the law was changed to allow for carry in places serving alcohol.

Floyd

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
Ed what happened at the Logan's in Sterling?  Logan's corporate office was one that indicated it would not post "no guns" signs in Tennessee last year when the law was changed to allow for carry in places serving alcohol. 

Yeah - what's the scoop Ed? I was there with the family last weekend (15th I think) and didn't have an issue.

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

Basically she was looking for a real nice upscale place to take me for our anniversary. She knew me carrying was a definite, but when she called around she asked about open carry and was told to the several places she called that they do not want guns at all in the restaurant.

We ended up at the Warehouse Bar and Grill down on King street. Unfortunately I had never been into Alexandria so I had no way of knowing where I was going, much less if any of these places were pro or anti. On top of that I didnt want to show up for our reservations and then get bounced.

I appreciate all the responses, maybe we will head out towards Leesburg and stomp around Ed's backyard or try someplace Fairfax-ish instead of staying in the occupied NOVA area.

nova

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
or try someplace Fairfax-ish instead of staying in the occupied NOVA area.
LOL Fairfax isn't occupied NOVA? :lol:

I don't get around Alexandria much so maybe it isn't comparatively. :shock:

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

nova wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
or try someplace Fairfax-ish instead of staying in the occupied NOVA area.
LOL Fairfax isn't occupied NOVA? :lol:

I don't get around Alexandria much so maybe it isn't comparatively. :shock:
Hahaha I see your point dude. Well, its not nearly as bad as Arlington and Alexandria, which is where we are usually headed since she lives up that way. I like it out this way much better, but the south is more accepting in general.