• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where can I get a holster?

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

I have a Rossi .38 Special revolver with a 2" barrel. I'm looking for an ankle holster. I don't have $10,000 to spend on one but I need it for a new job coming up. Anyone?

Also, I have a rubber handle. I love it but I want a laser built into a handle. Where is the best place to go? (ie. price, quality, etc.)

daddy4count

imported post

You might want to post in the Alabama forum... if you're looking for a local shop.

You can buy holsters online... but you can't try them out or lay hands on them that way.

I have only ever carried one ankle rig, it was a Galco made for Walther PPK. It was neoprene, cost about $50 as I recall...

Possmo

imported post

I think the only grip lasers you'll easily find are made by Crimson Trace. Usually in the 180 - 300 range. My SW340CT came with them (CT instead of PD) but separate I think I'd have paid 260ish.

I also use the Galco ankle rig as my backup gun holster.

Broondog

imported post

i have a couple of ankle/leg holsters that i would be willing to part with. one is an older leather model by Brauer Bros that fits a 2in J-frame, just not mine with the shrouded hammer (the closure wont snap). the other is an older Safariland neoprene leg holster (kinda like a foam sock) that fits my J-frame quite well.

PM me if you are interested in seeing them.