• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Incompetent OC

Kaliga

imported post

So I was in a gun shop buying a Glock 27 today in Lebanon, TN, and this man walks in while OCing. Goes to the man behind the counter and asked him how you eject the magazine from the firearm. He had a glock as well. The man shows him. The gentleman also asked if he has to have the magazine seperate from the pistol while OCing. The man behind the counter instructs him onit. So he leaves. I wanted to make sure I heard correctly. I asked the man behind the counter did that man ask how to eject the magazine from his glock. He said yes. I said and he was OCing? He says scary ain't it. I couldn't believe my eyes. People, please learn basic fire arm handling and operation before carrying a firearm.

Josh

Kingfish

imported post

Well, that's Glock owners for ya...

KIDDING...:D

How does a person get their permit without knowing how to eject a mag. Just awesome.

RussP

imported post

Kaliga wrote:
So I was in a gun shop buying a Glock 27 today in Lebanon, TN, and this man walks in while OCing. Goes to the man behind the counter and asked him how you eject the magazine from the firearm. He had a glock as well. The man shows him. The gentleman also asked if he has to have the magazine seperate from the pistol while OCing. The man behind the counter instructs him onit. So he leaves. I wanted to make sure I heard correctly. I asked the man behind the counter did that man ask how to eject the magazine from his glock. He said yes. I said and he was OCing? He says scary ain't it. I couldn't believe my eyes. People, please learn basic fire arm handling and operation before carrying a firearm.

Josh
So, Josh, where 'bouts in NC do you live? My family's from Johnston County.

Yep, people do some crazy things when it comes to firearms...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Something fishy about this post.

1) A person from NC buying a handgun in TN? You traveled all the way from the
EAst coast to Middle Tennessee to purchase a gun? Hmmm

2) A Handgun CarryPermit (HCP) is require in TN (TN residents) to carry a loaded handgun (OC or CC). An eight hour handgun safety course is required to be takenbefore we can apply for the HCP. You'll be taught how to drop the mag from a simi auto if you don't already know how, in the course. We have to relaod our wepons 8 times during the range portion of the course.

We would also be told waht the laws were concerning how to carry.

If the guy asking how to drop the mag on his Glock was a TN resident, a)he probably didnt have a HCP, orb) he's been carrying revolvers for years and this is his first semi-auto or c) this story is just made up. (low post counts raise suspicion)

macville

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Something fishy about this post.

1) A person from NC buying a handgun in TN? You traveled all the way from the
EAst coast to Middle Tennessee to purchase a gun? Hmmm

Especially since you can't buy a gun from a state you are not a resident of...

Matthew

Kaliga

imported post

wow, you all acting pretty serious. First of all I actually am a resident of Florida. I am stationed in NC in the Marines. My wife is a TN resident and from TN. I have been in Nashville for 5 months, my daugther was born here, just underwent her 5th open heart surgery. So that is what brings me to the area. My wife purchased the gun, her being the TN resident. I am an NRA Pistol Instructor, also since being here so long I became a TN CHP Instructor, although I have not instructed any seeing I need to be affiliated with a school. And as for the guy that didn't know how to eject the mag, I don't knowwhat his story was. I saw he OCing, and I saw him ask the questions, was just making an observation. AlsoI usually look at the amount of post people have made to see if their seasoned on here. I have been on here since like July of 08, have been ocing since November of 08. I just watch and read alot, don't speak alot. Hope this clears things up for yeahs.

Josh.

macville

imported post

Okay, that's a reasonable story. Thanks for your service!

Matthew

hotrod

imported post

Kaliga wrote:
wow, you all acting pretty serious. First of all I actually am a resident of Florida. I am stationed in NC in the Marines. My wife is a TN resident and from TN. I have been in Nashville for 5 months, my daugther was born here, just underwent her 5th open heart surgery. So that is what brings me to the area. My wife purchased the gun, her being the TN resident. I am an NRA Pistol Instructor, also since being here so long I became a TN CHP Instructor, although I have not instructed any seeing I need to be affiliated with a school. And as for the guy that didn't know how to eject the mag, I don't knowwhat his story was. I saw he OCing, and I saw him ask the questions, was just making an observation. AlsoI usually look at the amount of post people have made to see if their seasoned on here. I have been on here since like July of 08, have been ocing since November of 08. I just watch and read alot, don't speak alot. Hope this clears things up for yeahs.

Josh.
Ohhh Rahhh. Thanks for the service. Semper Fi

tnhawk

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Something fishy about this post....If the guy asking how to drop the mag on his Glock was a TN resident, a)he probably didnt have a HCP, orb) he's been carrying revolvers for years and this is his first semi-auto or c) this story is just made up. (low post counts raise suspicion)
low post counts has little to do with a HCP or experience with different models of handguns