• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hammond Wal Mart

NRAMARINE

imported post

I finally oc'd in the Hammond Wal-Mart. My daughter and I went in today about 10 till six (pm)and picked up some odds and ends. I must admit I was a little apprehensive ( I don't like crowds anyway). Anyway we went in the East entrance got a basket, and headed over to the groceries section. Wasn't confronted in any way, however I don't think most people noticed either. The ones who I know did just kinda looked a little awkward and went about their buisiness ( employees mostly)We spent about 15 mins inside and checked out by the grocery side ( west entrance) when we headed to the east entrance I saw a tpso coming towards me about 30 feet ahead. I admit I braced for the possible bs coming, however I don't think he noticed because he turned towards my right and continued on. I was also pushing a basket with my little girl in the seat. (Blocking his line of sight)I am curious if anyone has had any experience with hpd or tpso regarding oc, or even the Hammond Wal Mart. Any and all constructive, honest, non ulterior motived comments or info will be recieved with an abundance of gratitude.

LA Confederate

imported post

I've OCed in the Hammond Wally world on one other occasion with no problems. I'll be on the way to the same Wally World shortly and plan to OC this time. Will report back if I have any issues.

My wife has had issues with the receipt Nazis at the door on random occasions, but only when it's one of the 2 old black women working the door. She always refuses and on one occasion the TPSO deputy working the detail spoke with my wife and asked for her receipt. My wife being the freedom loving gal she is asked if she was required by law to show her receipt and he replied that she was not, so she politely said that she did not want to show her receipt. The deputy nodded and left and nothing more was said or done.

LA Confederate

imported post

Well just got back. Walked throughout the entire store without a single issue. The TPSO deputy happened to be near the register where we were checking out and my wife and I joked around with him for a few seconds as we were leaving. I know for a fact he saw my holster and didn't say a word or make a face.

Oh and the greeter didn't harass us on the way out either. :celebrate

NRAMARINE

imported post

Sounds good. Mind if I ask a brief description of how you were dressed, rig etc? I should have included this in my post ( sorry). Any way, blue jeans, sneakers, plain grey t- shirt, yellow Remington hat and sun glasses Pulled up on my hat. Rig is a Glock 19 w/ Glocklight, Lasergrips, and a fobus paddle holster. ( Probably could use a shave too.)

Ps. You said you spoke with a leo in line, was he on duty there? No questions or remarks about you oc'ing?

LA Confederate

imported post

My outfit was a pair of jeans, cowboy boots, leather belt, and a t-shirt with the Smith & Wesson logo on the front and the 2nd Amendment on the back.

My carry rig is nothing special at all. I use a Desantis military-style holster with a full flap in a woodland camo pattern (better retention for when I'm riding in the woods or something.) But it's hard to miss the butt of my Para Ordinance P1445 sticking out.

Yes the TPSO deputy was working the security detail. No questions comments or anything were exchanged regarding OC. He was very friendly and was not concerned in the least with my OCing.

NRAMARINE

imported post

Thanks for the info and the effort. Hopefully the public and leo's will become accustomed to this type of everyday behavior by those of us who choose to exercise our rights. Unlike what some people would say, I think the goal should be for oc to become commonplace and recognized as responsible behavior by law abiding adults. My opinion, such as it is.

:celebrate

NRAMARINE

Masher

imported post

I've been in there with my S&W 500 belt holstered and my Sig 9 in a shoulder rig and passed by their TPSO many times. No troubles there.

NRAMARINE

imported post

Masher wrote:
I've been in there with my S&W 500 belt holstered and my Sig 9 in a shoulder rig and passed by their TPSO many times. No troubles there.
Glad to hear it. Maybe TPSO is finally in the loop.

Masher

imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
Masher wrote:
Yes, I asked my ex wife to make sure that she informed everyone about corp policy as it pertains to state law. She is the store manager there, if you ever have any trouble her name is on your receipt.

NRAMARINE

imported post

Masher wrote:
NRAMARINE wrote:
Masher wrote:
Yes, I asked my ex wife to make sure that she informed everyone about corp policy as it pertains to state law. She is the store manager there, if you ever have any trouble her name is on your receipt.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.:celebrate