• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

follow up post on detained at the doctor's office

flagellum

imported post

Holy shit she put a gun to them and pulled the trigger?

I wish there had been someone OC or CC so they could have blown that scum away.

MPlannette

imported post

Yeah, that guy was seriously lucky. I'm glad no one was hurt, but it wouldn't have been so bad if someone had been carrying there. As backwards as it is, I bet the new line they'll use is "You can't carry a gun here! Didn't you hear about the shooting at that doctor's office?"

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

MPlannette wrote:
Yeah, that guy was seriously lucky. I'm glad no one was hurt, but it wouldn't have been so bad if someone had been carrying there. As backwards as it is, I bet the new line they'll use is "You can't carry a gun here! Didn't you hear about the shooting at that doctor's office?"
. . .to which the only suitable response is "I'm carrying a gun in here BECAUSE I heard about it! Don't you have one?"

Another favorite of mine:

"Why are you carrying a gun?"

"Why aren't YOU?" (with a puzzled expression and tone of voice)

Or:

"Why are you carrying a pistol?"

"Because a rifle won't fit in the holster!" (with tone indicating that only a complete and utter moron would ask such a question)

This last one is courtesy of my then-5-year-old son.

Remmy

imported post

Christ we truly are not safe anywhere. the thing that rubs me the wrong way is how the news worded event. 2 other men also carrying a gun implying they were OCing which I highly doubt. we do know the woman "pulled" hers out.

Lucky man didnt get his head vented thats for sure. Im wondering if the lady forgot to chamber a round. Ive always loved how sometimes victims especially ones talking to media can just identify the gun was a .40 cal

sslade6751

imported post

problem was there were 3 dirt bags with guns and if there was only one OC'er he might of been hte first target so you would of need 3 OC'ers or better yet it would of been funny if the whole office was armed :p it would of been like a thief trying to rob a cop hang out

carracer

imported post

Seems likeI remember a Clint Eastwood movie where a robber comes into a restaurant and every patron in there is armed and pulls their weapon.

Sabotage70

imported post

sslade6751 wrote:
problem was there were 3 dirt bags with guns and if there was only one OC'er  he might of been hte first target so you would of need 3 OC'ers or better yet it would of been funny if the whole office was armed :p it would of been like a thief trying to rob a cop hang out
I honestly think they would have just left without the confrontation. Because the woman came in and sat down for a bit before they decided to rob the place. I'm sure she was in there scoping the place out first before they tried any shenanigans. Just like the waffle house in Georgia.

OC= no robbery
CC=possible shoot out

That's why it's good to go out in the desert and practice double taps on multiple targets.