• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CZ-52 Problem

heliopolissolutions

imported post

So, my friend dropped my CZ52 on a tile floor.
Unloaded, no neg discharge, but now the darn thing don't work.

Rounds wil cycle, hammer wil go back, decocker still functions, no difficulty in takedown.
However when I go to shoot it, the trigger won't pull back all the way and drop the hammer.

Anyone have ant idea what the issue is?

TACMED

imported post

Sousnd like you have bent the trigger bar, pull slide off and it should be on the left side of receiver, also the firing pin may be broke, this is a common problem with teh cz52

Broondog

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
So, my friend dropped my CZ52 on a tile floor.
Unloaded, no neg discharge, but now the darn thing don't work.

Rounds wil cycle, hammer wil go back, decocker still functions, no difficulty in takedown.
However when I go to shoot it, the trigger won't pull back all the way and drop the hammer.

Anyone have ant idea what the issue is?
TACMED may be on to something. here's a snip from a post over at the CZ Forums that sounds a lot like your problem.

snip...

I'm a little concerned about part of your description. It sounds like it is hard to pull the slide open when pulling the trigger doesn't release the hammer. Is that an accurate paraphrase? Is the hammer cocked when pulling the trigger doesn't release the hammer? Have you tried to use the decocker when this happens? (Remember to always decock with the gun pointed in a safe direction, like toward the target. Some decockers don't decock safely on these pistols.)

The decocker releases the sear without raising the firing pin block, but it releases the sear from the bottom by pressing it out of engagement with the hammer. If the decocker works when the trigger won't release the hammer, then I'd suspect the connection between the trigger and the trigger bar, or between the trigger bar and the sear. Either will require a gunsmith to diagnose. On the other hand, it would be a pretty good reason to ask for a replacement from the shop you bought it from....

un-snip....

here's a link to the whole thread....http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=5249.0

and here's a link to the CZ Forums. those guys live and breathe CZ and should be able to help you out.

http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Well, solved that problem.

No structural damage, decocker still intact, hammer now falls on trigger pull, cosmetic damage minimal, no harm no foul.

Ended up a piece aggregate or something had become lodged near the disconnect.

Not the guns fault, probably got in there during cleaning.

Broondog

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
Well, solved that problem.

No structural damage, decocker still intact, hammer now falls on trigger pull, cosmetic damage minimal, no harm no foul.

Ended up a piece aggregate or something had become lodged near the disconnect.

Not the guns fault, probably got in there during cleaning.
good deal!

don't ya just hate it when whatever you're fretting over turns out to be something simple? why just the other day i was running some '80's vintage wad cutters thru my N-frame (smokey, dirty, nasty stuff). all of the sudden the revolver stopped rotating on two particular chambers. i'm thinking WTF? bent ejector rod? burr on the cylinder stop notches? something else?

turns out all it needed was a detail strip to turn her back into a six-shooter. simple is good. :)