• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling through TN

Cracker

imported post

Hey all,

I'll be heading to Tx with the family next week and was wondering if anyone can clarify the handgun carry laws for travelers through your state? Any input is appreciated!

Cracker.

Kingfish

imported post

There is no unlicensed carry in TN at all. To transport, the firearm must be unloaded and out of reach with the ammo separate from the firearm and all magazines must be unloaded.

Handgunonly

imported post

Why Not get your carry permit and let it go at that. Then you have and reason for your argument of cross state carry while traveling. I feel that all states should come up to the classes that TN. requires for HCP. It would simplify cross state travel. I'm sure there a a few states with stricter lic.ing classes. I want anyone carrying to know how to use what they carry. I had a carry permit in Washington state and all you had to do at that time was pay your fee and wait for the FBI check (about 30 days). Not testing then at all. Don't know what today's requirements are. Don't care, Don't live in Washington, Live in TN for the past 15 years. javascript:emoticon(':celebrate', 'images/emoticons/banana.gif')