• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vacationing at North Myrtle Beach from Indiana

Super-T

imported post

My family and I plan to vacation at Myrtle Beach, SC this summer. I have an Indiana resident Concealed Carry Permit. From other reseach I have done on the net, I see that theredoesn't seem to bereciprocity for IN permits in SC (tho' it seems to go the other way). Anyhow, I guess my questionsare simple... What can I do to carry my weapon while on vacation? Is it legal to keepmy weaponin my hotel room (locked in a gunsafe, of course)? Is it legal to carry in my vehicle?

or... Should I just stay home? =)

Any info/advice from SC members is appreciated.. thx!

Super-T

imported post

Thanks for the reply and information!

IF I read the info you linked tocorrectly, and not being a lawyer, I am not sure I did...:D

I cannot(?) carry concealed or open in SC. But, I can have my weapon in the car, in the glovebox, or console (loaded)... And, I can have my weapon in my hotel room (loaded).

Thanks, T.

PT111

imported post

Super-T wrote:
Thanks for the reply and information!

IF I read the info you linked tocorrectly, and not being a lawyer, I am not sure I did...:D

I cannot(?) carry concealed or open in SC. But, I can have my weapon in the car, in the glovebox, or console (loaded)... And, I can have my weapon in my hotel room (loaded).

Thanks, T.

Correct. You can bring it with you and have it in your car glove box, console or trunk (luggage area for SUV's) loaded or unloaded. The glove box does not have to be locked.

Once you get to you motel you can take it out of your car and carry it OC or CC (better to conceal so you don't scare anyone but legal either way) and keep it in your room.

If you are on priate property and the owner say OK then you can OC or CC. You can also OC or CC while fishing or hunting as long as you have a fishing ro hunting license. If you want to do some surf fishing then you can strap it on and OC while you fish. Have a great time but stay away from Atlantic Beach.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
If I may horn in on this existing thread, since more likely than not the carry questions apply to me too...

Need advice re: Myrtle Beach spring break accomodations

My son and some friends want to go to Myrtle Beach after graduation (high school) and have secured a house on 2nd Avenue South, but Google's street view gives me some pause.

We are also considering locations on North and South Ocean Blvd., and of course one or more parents will be in Myrtle Beach, though not in the property being rented (unless required).

We're looking for a low cost, safe, fun area and would be appreciative of any insight or suggestions.

I'd be glad to answer questions anyone may have.

Thanks fellas.

Last edited:

hp-hobo

My recommendation is to get out of Myrtle Beach and get a place on North Myrtle Beach. It's only a mile or so up the road but it's much less crowded and cheaper to boot. That's what my wife and I do when we go for a weekend.

We always stay at Floyd's Motel on 2nd Ave N, 843-280-3026. It's a little Mom & Pop (Pat & Ed?) place half a block from the beach. It used to have a great view, but it's getting surrounded by big ugly boxes (condos). Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.