• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has any one seen this video camara?

Russf

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Nice. I'd be able to watch the video of what I was missed by not wearing my prescription glasses. :(
I guess you could look at it this way. (punn intended) Maybe they will come out with the slip over model. (I think my Grandma had them) LOL.

Captain Nemo

imported post

All joking aside. I intend to order a pair. Not so much as to be cool and hip or to have a way of recording LE encounters but as a defensive tool. A means by which I can instantly record any encounter with an assailant so I have evidence of self-defense should the need arise. A person may not have time to turn them on in every situation, although it looks like a one button activation. but in those situation when there is time to do so it could be invaluable evidence. The $170 price tag would suggest that they are good quality and not some China counterfiet junk.

I see there are some available (Black) on Ebay as Buy it now and with free shipping for $150.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I had two of these things. They both broke within a week of getting them. They are extremely fragile and the slightest hit on it rendered it useless. (It fell out of my pocket onto the table, about 2 feet). The second one simply just stopped working after a week. Save your money and get something not made in China.

Cobra469

imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
I had two of these things. They both broke within a week of getting them. They are extremely fragile and the slightest hit on it rendered it useless. (It fell out of my pocket onto the table, about 2 feet). The second one simply just stopped working after a week. Save your money and get something not made in China.
I have 2 of them that I ordered off ebay and they work great. They have a hard time keeping up with movementbut the microphone under the clip is nice since your clothing won't rub against it blocking the audio that might need to be recorded. Battery life is only about 2 hours though which sucks since when i go out it is normally a lot longer than that. I got a car USB charger so I can alternate as they go dead or to charge when I am driving as I generally don't need to carry it at that time. Also great thing about ebay is paypal gives me 45 days to return a crappy one if I come across it.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I think it is awesome. Obviously she has a passion for it and has been involved for some years. Too bad more young people can't get involved in something like this to help keep them out of trouble.

kd6sxa

imported post

The video on the web sit for the sun glasses looks great. I would be interested to see how good the video is while wearing a ball cap or in a low light situation.

Russf

imported post

I think wearing it with a ball cap would help, it would cut down on the glare. At night, who knows.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Russf wrote:
I think wearing it with a ball cap would help, it would cut down on the glare. At night, who knows.

In the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SORxmwmrcUI Tori is wearing a ball cap and it doesn't adversely affect the video. Also one of the stages she shoots in the video is a dark house using a flashlight. The video there is about as good as can be expected, which is not that great.