• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally

Semper Paratus

imported post

Well in 2 years my wife has gone from why do you carry a gun to I want that one. She got a nice Walther P22. I pick it up for her on Monday. :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
Well in 2 years my wife has gone from why do you carry a gun to I want that one. She got a nice Walther P22. I pick it up for her on Monday. :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
Good for her! And you too.

aktion

imported post

Congrats! When I met my wife, she had never touched a firearm. Eventually, dragging her to a gun show she settled on the same thing, a Walther P22. She even OCs it in a Fobus paddle holster. Good luck!

The first of many, I trust.

aktion

imported post

P22%20Outback%20II%20R.JPG

How about this gem? $649 plus tax and Stamp tax ($200). Thats a Gemtech adorning that muzzle. :celebrate

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

lol...what did that old guy at the AWB hearing say?

Something like;

"the guberments been telling us for years, loud sounds are bad for our ears, then they go and tell us we can't put mufflers on our guns."

:lol:

Dreamer

imported post

You know, the weird thing about suppressors is that in most European countries, they are not controlled at all--they are considered "safety devices" like eye protection or hearing protectors...

You can literally walk into a gin store in Finland and buy a suppressor just like buying a scope...

The law here in the US makes no sense at all...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
You know, the weird thing about suppressors is that in most European countries, they are not controlled at all--they are considered "safety devices" like eye protection or hearing protectors...

You can literally walk into a gin store in Finland and buy a suppressor just like buying a scope...

Like most laws here it is based on misconception and false information.

I know a lot of people who associate silencers with criminals from the movies who kill silently and unnoticed.

Which is ludicrous, and to ad to it laws dont' stop folks who would do this anyway.

1245A Defender

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
$$$$ for "Uncle's" pocket
i wonder how many murders are done with a licensed silencer?
i mean do murderers license and properly register to tools of their trade?
murderers dont use silencers to protect their hearing.
silencers are legal in washington, you just cant use them.
is their an enhancement for murder with a silencer?

k.rollin

imported post

Dreamer wrote:

One good thing about the law governing suppressors in the United States is that due to the fact that they are regulated and comparatively expensive in relation to their European counterparts, the suppressors marketed/sold in the US are typically of higher quality and perform better. This is not meant to be read as supporting the current regulations, just an interesting point. Personally, I'd love to have an M4-2000 for my AR and an SWR GS-40 for my M&P and be able to use them legally. Maybe after I get my degree and wind up with some money for fun stuff like that; stuff's expensive.

oneeyeross

imported post

Herself loves my P22....so much so that when she is out and about on the place, she carries it in her back pocket...or her sweat shirt.

Now, if I can just get her to realize that she needs to carry OFF the place as well...