Thread: Newbie Question

Post imported post

Hello all! I just took my NRA Basic Pistol Safety class yesterday (Saturday). I am very interested in OC, obviously, but I am also in the Air National Guard and I dont think that it would blow over well with them if I got arrested for BOP. Also while in the class the instructor made a ridiculous statement saying that if I had a window in the room to which I retreated in my home, that I would be required to jump out the window. I thought that was just a little crazy, but decided not to say anything and thought that I might see what you guys thought/knew about the situation. thanks in advance guys.

-Downey, Joseph E

P.S. I am handing in my application on Monday. Want to get it done seeing as there is no back log at the DPS at the moment.

Post imported post

downeyj80 wrote:
    Hello all! I just took my NRA Basic Pistol Safety class yesterday (Saturday). I am very interested in OC, obviously, but I am also in the Air National Guard and I dont think that it would blow over well with them if I got arrested for BOP. Also while in the class the instructor made a ridiculous statement saying that if I had a window in the room to which I retreated in my home, that I would be required to jump out the window. I thought that was just a little crazy, but decided not to say anything and thought that I might see what you guys thought/knew about the situation. thanks in advance guys.

-Downey, Joseph E

P.S. I am handing in my application on Monday. Want to get it done seeing as there is no back log at the DPS at the moment.
    Hmm..the Instructor does not know CT law..and I would think that should be reported to the NRA..for what its worth

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2009/pub/Chap9...#Sec53a-19.htm

except that the actor shall not be required to retreat if he or she is in his or her dwelling

I don't know what part of CT you are in..but I know around the town I am in OC has not been an issue...

Good luck with getting your permit quickly and thank you for your service.